Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Only a proper hard-core retro.

No modern "interpretation/tribute" designed by some dick-wad 25 yo Millenial who was not THERE.. :judge: :judge:

It's "era-appropriation".. and Ford has proven itself to be spectacularly **** at it.. :grumpy::grumpy:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
15,014 Posts
Had a couple of 4-pot ones. I'd still love a V6, preferably a late 3.0 with 4-spoke RS wheels in silver.

If there was another, it's unlikely it would be an affordable RWD old school coupe so I'd rather leave it in the past where it belongs.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,782 Posts
What do you mean should there be another? It's like the Ford Probe never existed... :D

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Probe was a contractual obligation to use capacity at a US Mazda factory with the MX-6.
The Mustang is built there now.

·
Administrator
45,782 Posts
The Probe was a contractual obligation to use capacity at a US Mazda factory with the MX-6.
The Mustang is built there now.
It might have been, but they still billed it the new Capri when they marketed it (and got a lot of people's knickers in a twist as I remember).

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Well, they're even making the new Mustang in RHD, so why not?

If they take a leaf out of that book design-wise they should capture the spirit of it without the sad retro-tribute styling mistakes Ralf alludes to.

Then if they jack it up a bit, pump the bodywork they can launch it as another SUV coupe :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ralf S.

·
Registered
38,028 Posts
The first car i ever went in was a mk1 Ford capri, with a 2.0 v4 engine.

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Capri lasted two years longer in the U.K. even though it was produced in Köln by then. My daughters' guitar teacher worked at Ford in the late sixties and witnessed the German factory fiddling the figures , leading to Halewood losing the job..

·
Administrator
45,782 Posts
The first car i ever went in was a mk1 Ford capri, with a 2.0 v4 engine.
When you say 'went in'...?

My daughters' guitar teacher worked at Ford in the late sixties and witnessed the German factory fiddling the figures , leading to Halewood losing the job..
I guess as a guitar teacher, he was well positioned to spot fiddling.

Also, why did Ford employ a guitar teacher anyway? Morale?

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you say 'went in'...?

I guess as a guitar teacher, he was well positioned to spot fiddling.

Also, why did Ford employ a guitar teacher anyway? Morale?
He was in the cost estimation department before leaving to become a guitar teacher . He saw that the English and German plants were building the same products with the same issues but only the English were reporting problems producing them while the Germans thought it’d look better if they lied. Where have we heard this recently?...

·
Administrator
45,782 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts