Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tony and I drive a Brera diesel,contract hired from Fiat Auto Contracts.
Just recently I have had no end of trouble with the engine and the garage have changed the injectors, manifold and other bits. It worked fine for a while but now cuts out, is very very lumpy on tickover and flutters badly in third gear and up.
I know it does not cost me anything to put right, but it is very inconvenient and the replacement car is normally a small smelly japanese one.
Question: Can I complain to the hirer? Is it worth complaining to Alfa UK?

Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
First port of call is the hire company, you have a contract with them to drive a Brera, not a piece of small smelly jap-crap. Keep a diary of all the problems, the time/fuel you're spending buggering about going to/from the garage, the phonecalls, etc. Insist that they open a case number for you that you can reference every time you either phone them or email them a diary update and don't let them close it until you're 100% happy with the car.
If you don't start sowing the seeds of disgruntlement early then they won't do anything for you.
Good luck
Hugh

M

·
0 Posts
which dealer are you taking it to/

give me details I can get information to help you

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I was standing with our Paintergirl at the AI day on Saturday when this gorgeous Missano Blue Brera chugged into life and rattled off passed us on its way home:cry:

Wrong, just so wrong:tut:

Sorry, this post of no help to you at all:(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I was standing with our Paintergirl at the AI day on Saturday when this gorgeous Missano Blue Brera chugged into life and rattled off passed us on its way home:cry:

Wrong, just so wrong:tut:

Sorry, this post of no help to you at all:(
Heh heh.............the only thing to change your mind is to own and drive one every day....you'd soon come around to the idea and understand what the attraction is.:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts