Alfa Romeo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 6316 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
Dippy egg and homemade bread soldiers :D

Dead disappointed that my hens have all stopped laying mind :( I had to buy eggs :(

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
I feel I should say "I don't know Joe, why do hens stop laying?" but I know what you mean ;) :lol:

In natural conditions (i.e. not in a brightly lit, warm factory) hens wouldn't lay eggs in the winter because the chicks would never survive. My hens are just following nature :)

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Ours stopped laying when we had them in the last house because next door got a big barky dog that upset them :(

J

·
0 Posts
I feel I should say "I don't know Joe, why do hens stop laying?" but I know what you mean ;) :lol:

In natural conditions (i.e. not in a brightly lit, warm factory) hens wouldn't lay eggs in the winter because the chicks would never survive. My hens are just following nature :)

Nature is the way to go :thumbs:

I never really thought of that before ... its a bit sad they are just there to produce constantly in the correct conditions.. thats got me thinking now ... :(

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Well I fancied oats.. but settled for a slice of toast.. a scrambled egg.. mushrooms and half a tin of toms.. :) and a rasher of bacon (grilled)

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
It's very sad :( If they were dogs we'd call it a puppy farm and be up in arms.

If they were women, they'd be pimped out :(

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Awww :( You needed mufflers for their wee ears :)
No I just choked them and we had them for Sunday dinner :)

Shame on you if you believed that :tut:
We gave them to Rice lane city farm when they stopped laying :)

Well I fancied oats.. but settled for a slice of toast.. a scrambled egg.. mushrooms and half a tin of toms.. :) and a rasher of bacon (grilled)
Now that's a Proper brekkie :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
On order bacon, sossij, black pud, tomatoes, shrooms, two slices of toast and a mug of tea :thumbs:
not being served till 9:15, I'll have chewed my leg off by then :cry:

161 - 180 of 6316 Posts