Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know I know it's pure heresy but I need to get a towbar for a 159 2.2 JTS - need to tow boat in this balmy weather. So far I'm having little luck . Bosal list one but it doesn't seem to be actually available. Any ideas?

Thx,

TR

·
Registered
873 Posts
Try the Witter website too, I looked when I was trying to get a bar fitted to my 156. On the other hand, try a towbar fitting place and get them to do the legwork for you - I used Rotherham Tow Bar centre and paid £220 fitted incl. VAT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks lads, I'll give them a try. If I succeed I'm sure I'll go to hell for it but at the very least it should be detachable... :cool:

G

·
Nowt wrong with caravans. Those of you who saw my post last October will know that modern caravans are not boxes on wheels with a bucket as a toilet.

G

·
I overtook a spotless 147 on the M25 the other week whilst I was towing my hotel on wheels. He was also towing, but not a caravan - a boat. He had the same detachable towbar on and as I overtook, he saw me in his mirrors and as we passed, we both had a big cheesey grin on our face's:D .

G

·
I am looking at the 159, but the thing which puts me off is that Witter say there is a VISIBLE bumper cut required. This is drastically putting me off buying a 159 now :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have spent a while looking at Towbars from different manufacturers and can't find one that doesn't require a visible cut....Gulp!

Out comes the scalpule...

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
alfa_147_jtd_16v said:
Nowt wrong with caravans. Those of you who saw my post last October will know that modern caravans are not boxes on wheels with a bucket as a toilet.
If Top Gear has anything to do with them, they're boxes on wheels plummeting from the end of a crane....Unfair..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts