Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Ouch too difficult after 30 plus years but if i had to pick one it might be this version of A Forest, i love the way its stripped back from the album track or way they do it live. choice could be influenced by seeing Reflections performed at the RAH and then Pantages in LA within a week of course but Seventeen Seconds is still my favourite album :)

and if anyone hasn't seen this site

MICHAEL LEVY STUDIO / THE CURE LIVE AT ROYAL ALBERT HALL / A PHOTO DOCUMENTARY

its well worth a visit, lots of good photos from Reflections at RAH

cant embed video :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL_nrQxU-wE&feature=related

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ouch too difficult after 30 plus years but if i had to pick one it might be this version of A Forest, i love the way its stripped back from the album track or way they do it live.
The Cure - A Forest - (Perfect Version) - YouTube

Yes I'd agree with you. I got this version on a CD called Essential Glastonbury which I think was issued free with a magazine originally. I picked it up at a school fair junk stall and couldn't stop listening to the track.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The Forest for me.

Can anyone recommend any good auto biographical books about the Cure?

G

·
0 Posts
The Forest for me.

Can anyone recommend any good auto biographical books about the Cure?
Ten Imaginary Years seems to be liked as does Never Enough, a few copies of Spin magazine from the 80's with Cure interviews is now available on google books

Spin in the ’80s: The Cure, R.E.M., Morrissey, The Replacements, U2 and much more | slicing up eyeballs // 80s alternative music, college rock, indie

worth a read but I know from chatting to Simon that they cant remember half of it :)

For anyone interested A forest and Just Like Heaven performed at Bestival earlier this year

Video: The Cure, ‘A Forest,’ ‘Close To Me,’ ‘Just Like Heaven’

1 - 20 of 20 Posts