Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D The car park at work was full, and as I was going out in 30 mins I put my Bella on double yellows out the front where I could see her. 20 mins later there's a warden eyeing her up so I dash out. "I'm just going," I say. "Don't worry, mate," says the warden. I was just thinking what a nice change it is to see a lovely Alfa instead of all these bloody 3 series BMWs." He then regales me with his family history of Alfa ownership and tells me to take my time - there's no way he's putting a ticket on an Alfa.

Immunity from parking tickets! That I can live with!

G

·
i to have been let off in the past...although i was driving a ford...could of had something to do with the warden oggling my missus t*ts

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mjet said:
Wonder why the warden does not like BMW's....:) Nice to meet people like that....

Should that not be the disadvantages of not owning an alfa thread :D
I can think of many :)

erm nopecos i cant think of any disadvantages to not owning mine since i got it!:( most unreliable car i have ever had.

rich

G

·
Whenever I've been pulled up by the old Bill (not that frequently, honestly! :rolleyes: ) they always spend a good couple of minutes salivating over the car. It started with my 33, continued with the 155 and persists with the 156! :cool:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Warm glowplugs - Far from home and many moons ago, newish 33 was running really rough. No Alfa dealers nearby, so into motor factors to get carb cleaner. They were out but directed me to local Toyota dealer. I found the place eventually, and discovered they had originally done Alfas. Listening to the engine, the mech realised that more than cleaner was required, so he stripped down the carbs and blew the jets, and then produced an absolutely immaculate 4 barrel mercury vacuum gauge and proceeded to tune the carbs up the scale. Charge nil, comment "We really miss working on these beauties".... Memory, priceless !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts