Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after much soul searching i think im gonna part company with the gta.......not an easy decision.the money is gonna go towards a deposit for a new house,so ill have to drive round in a cheapy for a year or two.havent advertised it as of yet because its still at autolusso having some spraywork done amongst other things.so if anyone is interested drop me a pm.the car is fully sorted,it had a minor scrape(down the nearside:see the thread on bad bad news for details)hence the spraywork being done.but its also having the front and rear bumper sprayed(so no stone chips),the tailgate and rooftip spoiler,then full machine polish to get rid of any swirls(the cars black),also having the door edges re-done.on top of that the teledials are being refurbed in anthracite,the front and rear brake callipers refurbed and powder coated in yellow,four wheel allignment,high friction pads up front and full interior vallet.so the car will be absolutly mint on its return. It has koni fsd/ebach suspension,cat back stainless(nice sound and not too loud),auto delta carbon air intake.(standard suspension and air intake will come with the car).the millage has just turned 40k and on the 36k service(obviously its got fsh) its had the cam belts done,q2 fitted and powerflex arb bushes.(the suspension was fitted on this service so its still 'new').to be honest i dont know how i let the missus talk me into this and its making me think twice just writing all that up,plus when i get i back ill prob be in love again.so im just trying to see if theres any interest out there,id like the car to go to a good home,someone who'll cherish it like i have,so i think AO is prob the best place to start.cheers john.:thumbs:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good luck with the sale - sounds like a superb example (couldn't you just buy a smaller house !).

I was thinking of having a bit of spray work done myself, most likely bumbers and spoiler (mine's red so there's slight fading); do you mind if I ask what it's costing you ?

Cheers!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of yet I don't know the price,but its all being done on the insurance.claiming on the vehicle that scuffed mine.thought I'd get all the extra work done while it was in.when I get her back ill post sum picks and say what kind of job has been made.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Seems to be quite a few GTA's for sale at the moment, or at least, quite a few went up last month. Not sure if people are getting scared by the high petrol prices?

Unfortunately I'm thinking about doing the same, but I'm not sure now is the best time!

As mentioned, stick it in the Classifieds on here, and on PH.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't do it!

You will only regret it, and end up buying another when you can afford to!

would love to see pictures when you get it back, I have got a black 147 in the works coming from Ned and I will be getting the alloys powder coated as well and would love to see how it looks.

Cheers,
Dan

ps DON'T DO IT!

G

·
Do you have to pay to put one in the PH's classifieds?
As mentioned free for three pictures but it goes towards the last page. I paid £12 for a premium today for my GT with nine pics and top of the list (for now): -

Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Jonny - I'm looking to possibly replace my GT with another 147 GTA (had a red one before) but will be budgeting myself around £8000 so give me a shout if you are anywhere near my budget as may be interested ;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
gotta say when i read you'd had the calipers done yellow, i thought :vomit:, but then i pictured it ,black with antracite teledials.........:wow: that is gonna look so good

good luck with the sale (even though you will regret it)

dont do it...................houses are so boring:lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't do it!

You will only regret it, and end up buying another when you can afford to!

would love to see pictures when you get it back, I have got a black 147 in the works coming from Ned and I will be getting the alloys powder coated as well and would love to see how it looks.

Cheers,
Dan
was looking round your 147 at autolusso when i dropped the car off,seems v nice.its got brand new callipers on it hasnt it?.i know what your saying about selling,iv already thought about how long it will be before i can buy another.its just if im gonna sell now will be the best time when the car is looking at it very best.as said in a previouse thread 'houses are boreing',and i know this but that extra deposit goes a long way in what house we can afford to buy(thats the missuses words not mine!) :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for all your input,as i said its not a for-gone conclusion that she will be sold.just wanted to see about the interest generated.Of course theres the little thing that i havent seen the end result yet and when i do i will think:inlove::inlove:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts