Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a whole winter thinking will it or won't it the battery finally gave up when I stopped outside a little farm to buy some eggs. Half a crank was all it would give and the alarm kept resetting (and going off when the door was opened).

Luckily it was suprisingly easy to bump start :)

Once home (probably less than a mile) it managed to start off the battery - rather odd but I took the opportunity to give it a damn good thrashing in the hope it would charge it up enough to take us to the pub for tea tonight - and to put the top back up before it rains!

I've never really thrashed it around B roads before as the misses shouts at me. It handles wonderfully without a hint of understeer.

Halfrauds want 100 quids!! for an own brand replacement battery so I ordered one off the internet so fingers crossed it keeps going for a couple more days.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Mine went a few weeks ago after leaving radio on , your right they are super easy to bump , but it never charged up fully after so got a new one from ATS for £60 not to bad did look at getting one of tinter web for £40 but it would of taken me the whole afternoon as looks a bit of an **** to get out so nice ATS man did it in about 10 mins and went fine after unitl the cluctch decided to stop working , good times .

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it would of taken me the whole afternoon as looks a bit of an **** to get out so nice ATS man did it in about 10 mins and went fine after unitl the cluctch decided to stop working , good times .
Its easy enough to get out and the lying robbing nerks at ATS are never touching my Alfa again... Sorry about the clutch!

Posty won't be too chuffed.
Who is posty? :confused:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Posty - the guy who brings the post.:)

WRT to thrashing it on the B roads, one of the best places for the gtv, great fun although have found understeer on tight corners/roundabouts and in the wet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts