N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Loads round here,

All in white. :)rolleyes:)

Great performing car.

Dull as ditchwater to look at.

(You know there's a cool wall lounge? ;))

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
Hairdressers car and looks the same as the other million TT's on the road.

Plus it has those council estate fairly lights on the front.

:vomit:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heard one screaming past the other day.

Sensational sound. :thumbs:

Agree the look of it may not be to everyone's liking and the ubiquity of the standard TT does detract somewhat but sub 5 seconds and the way it gets there is worthy of respect. :cool:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd rather have a Corvette, or maybe a Camaro. ;)
(Evora at a push.)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Heard one screaming past the other day.

Sensational sound. :thumbs:

Agree the look of it may not be to everyone's liking and the ubiquity of the standard TT does detract somewhat but sub 5 seconds and the way it gets there is worthy of respect. :cool:
Well that may be so but id rather get something just plain brutal like a WRX or Evo or something like that that does 4secs for 0-100 times if I was on a budget.

If I had money I would go for any porsche ferrari to make those times.

The TT is my least favourite car of all time :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that may be so but id rather get something just plain brutal like a WRX or Evo or something like that that does 4secs for 0-100 times.

The TT is my least favourite car of all time :lol:
Well I guess we'll have to disagree on this one Fred...:lol: :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Easy target for lazy snipers who've never driven one but see it as fair game for the tired old hairdresser remarks.

RSK

Aint that the truth RSK.

I drove the TTS spec just recently and that thing really moved. :cool:

Very assured, light footed and competent - and bloody quick to boot.

The interior wasn't anywhere near as nice as that of an Alfa's but in the driving department, it really does command kudos.

·
Registered
38,888 Posts
Easy target for lazy snipers who've never driven one but see it as fair game for the tired old hairdresser remarks.

RSK
I stand by the hairdressers statement.

It is also for those who have no imagination. There are loads of nice cars you can buy for £40k, so why buy something that looks the same as a regular, common TT.

Most people will also buy it because they like the looks and nothing else, not because they are petrolheads.

I will say it looks far better than the old TT though, and I would love an R8.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most people will also buy it because they like the looks and nothing else, not because they are petrolheads.
I would have thought they would buy it because it looks good AND performs. Something not many Alfa's seem to do. :)

The tech. Audi uses (lightweight frame, powerful 5-pot) is something AR can only dream FIAT would develop for use.

Still love my Alfa's.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
For 40 GBP or $80K there are so many other cars you can get like an older Ferrari some very competent 911s and defintely my choice a Boxster S

Would you tell someone you own a Porsche or an Audi?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would you tell someone you own a Porsche or an Audi?
Well, yes, there is that "w**k*r" element" about them, at least here in Oz but they're bloody good cars.

Well engineered. Great engines. Solid re-sale.

One could do a whole lot worse for mine than own a Porsche or Audi. :)

Mind you, my next car will probably be the 166 replacement (if it ever materialises and AR survives that long). Or maybe a Maser.

·
Vendor
46,422 Posts
If you have set your mind on a brand new car, and not a used one, then for £40k ish the TTRS makes a lot of sense. Impressive technology.

I'd not buy one new, but in ten years time, maybe.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Well, yes, there is that "w**k*r" element" about them, at least here in Oz but they're bloody good cars.

Well engineered. Great engines. Solid re-sale.

One could do a whole lot worse for mine than own a Porsche or Audi. :)

Mind you, my next car will probably be the 166 replacement (if it ever materialises and AR survives that long). Or maybe a Maser.
Maser - now your talking sense Kalel ! :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maser - now your talking sense Kalel ! :thumbs:
:lol:

The Brera is virtually brand new and I really do enjoy driving it so I'll be holding on to it for a few years yet.

I just hope AR is still around when it's time to change but I have a feeling I may be looking elsewhere. :(

·
Registered
735 Posts
As for the cars image - dont like it!

As for the engineering - marvelous!

Me rating it: Would like a spin round a track and have it a for few days. Ownership, definitely NO! So, only COOL from me, but only just - miles away from sub-zero.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
:lol:

The Brera is virtually brand new and I really do enjoy driving it so I'll be holding on to it for a few years yet.

I just hope AR is still around when it's time to change but I have a feeling I may be looking elsewhere. :(
Let me know when you want to sell it I may be able to afford it in a few years time ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts