Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a '99 V6 GTV, with Q2, ragazzon exhaust, adjustable suspension, silver with red leather, 17" teledials, all receipts and full ARSH, bushes done and everything working! All past work done by autolusso and alfaworkshop. However, it should have come with a new mot, but it failed on front discs, so I offered £2100 and drove it straight to my friends at Firella in Clapham. The drive home (about an hour) was absolutely brilliant, and you'd never know the car had done 89,000 miles! Windows down, stereo off and constantly changing gear and finding the nearest roundabout! Discs being fitted as we speak and new mot tomorrow am. I'll spend a few hours giving it a thorough clean and post photos soon. This is my 20th+ Italian car and by far the most powerful, so I am looking forward to getting out and putting some miles on her. And a big thanks for all the help I got on AO in the build up to one of the cheapest cars I have ever owned. Yes I know it is going to cost me cr*p loads to run!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Calipers...

You might want to check the state of the brake caliper piston outer seals/boots, as a preventative.

Don't wait until the alloy caliper corrosion sets in around them.

If there is a bit of corrosion but no distortion, let a little ACF-50 run in the crevices between caliper and seals.

Only a drop mind, you don't want any getting on the rotors/pads.

Need to keep the 305mm brakes tip top - which is why so many that didn't now have expensive 330mm setups fitted.

Not really necessary for the road, unless you drive like a C.ompletely U.seless N.on T.hinker.

:wow:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
To the OP

Sounds like a bargain, when did it last have a cambelt?

Ridiculous as it sounds, under the new mot 'rules' the condition of brake discs isn't a failure anymore....unless they are 'broken'. If the brakes 'stop' the test rollers then it should pass no matter the actual condition of the discs!

Clive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts