Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thread to try to increase the profile of the monthly detailing competition & to highlight the monthly poll threads ;)

For anyone who isn't aware there's now a monthly competition in the Detailing Lounge Car Detailing - Alfa Romeo Forum

Rules here for anyone interested http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

Hall Of Fame here to show the previous winners http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/758577-monthly-detailing-competition-hall-of-fame.html

·
Super Moderator
86,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,121 Posts

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
I'm ashamed to admit that mine hasn't been washed since my winning entry in the first competition.

I reckon more entries will come along when the weather warms up.

Be aware too that you don't have to spend a fortune on detailing products so don't be put off. Mine was no more than a quick wash with cheap car shampoo and dealing with a scratch using stuff I had lying around. If you admit to buying car shampoo from Home Bargains, using old T-shirts to dry it, and a tin of polish your dad bought in Woolworths in 1987, and it looks good, I'll vote for you.

·
Super Moderator
86,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine only got a quick wash, does that count :D

I just took a few pics as there was only one other entry at the time & it's not really a competition with just one entry ;)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Be aware too that you don't have to spend a fortune on detailing products so don't be put off. Mine was no more than a quick wash with cheap car shampoo and dealing with a scratch using stuff I had lying around. If you admit to buying car shampoo from Home Bargains, using old T-shirts to dry it, and a tin of polish your dad bought in Woolworths in 1987, and it looks good, I'll vote for you.
I'd agree with this, but mingebaggery and "improvisation" does have it's limitations. My FiL attempted to clay bar his car on the cheap and used blu tac as the clay and windowleen as the lubricant! Needless to say the paintwork is now ****ed.

·
Registered
22,759 Posts
I'm ashamed to admit that mine hasn't been washed since my winning entry in the first competition.

I reckon more entries will come along when the weather warms up.

I think there's a tin, yes a tin, of T-Cut in the shed somewhere which moved house in 2002, and some Simoniz, perhaps "liquid diamond" in a pump-action bottle of an equal vintage. I think they'd both come from my Grandfather's........in his CX phase (the newest of which was a 1979 2400).

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
I'd agree with this, but mingebaggery and "improvisation" does have it's limitations. My FiL attempted to clay bar his car on the cheap and used blu tac as the clay and windowleen as the lubricant! Needless to say the paintwork is now ****ed.
I used blu-tax with proper clay lubricant on Mrs K's Volvo. Worked a treat.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have just noticed this thread lol thanks david p for putting it up :) appresiate your help :thumb:

Why use cling film when you can protect your car from uv rays with tin foil :p

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Roads are to bad up here to keep it clean for more than a mile down the road :(

·
Super Moderator
86,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,121 Posts

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
If it's fine on Saturday I'm going to go to town on mine so hopefully I'll be in.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts