Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Back!!!
For another year running... all 916-series (GTV/Spider) owners to meet up for an epic blast across the South East down to The Beach Head Public House for pub fest finale. :inlove:

Taking in some glorious A/B roads across Kent & East Sussex, including a nice drop down into the Folkestone area, run through Camber Sands and a nice number of twists, hops and drops down into Beachy Head :cool:

The Route
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MMREDR#Y3A9NTAuODY0OTIzfjAuNTI0OTA1Jmx2bD0xMSZzdHk9ciZydHA9cG9zLjUxLjI4NDUwOF8wLjU1MTMyMV9OZXduaGFtJTIwQ291cnQlMkMlMjBCZWFyc3RlZCUyMFJvYWQlMkMlMjBNYWlkc3RvbmUlMkMlMjBLZW50JTIwTUUxNCUyMDVMSF9Ob3RjdXR0cyUyMEdhcmRlbiUyMENlbnRyZV8lMkI0NCUyMDE2MjI3JTIwMzk5NDRfZV9ZTjEwMjl4MTM1MDQwMzEyNDc1MzE1NzA5OTV+cG9zLjUxLjIxMTUyOV8wLjc5MTAwMF9DaGFyaW5nJTJDJTIwS2VudF9fX2VffnBvcy41MS4yNTk5MzdfMS4wMjg0ODBfVW5pdCUyMDE3JTIwU3RvdXIlMjBWYWxsZXklMjBJbmR1c3RyaWFsJTIwRXN0YXRlJTIwQXNoZm9yZCUyMFJvYWQlMkMlMjBDaGFydGhhbSUyQyUyMENhbnRlcmJ1cnklMkMlMjBLZW50JTIwQ1Q0JTIwN0hGX0Vhc3QlMjBLZW50JTIwQXVkaV8lMkI0NCUyMDEyMjc3JTIwMzI3MDBfZV9ZTjEwMTV4MTk2NzY0Mjc5fnBvcy41MS4xMjk2MzlfMS4xNTg2MDBfRGVuc29sZSUyQyUyMEtlbnRfX19lX35wb3MuNTEuMDcxNzkwXzEuMDc1MTc5XzE5JTIwTWlsaXRhcnklMjBSb2FkJTJDJTIwSHl0aGUlMkMlMjBLZW50JTIwQ1QyMSUyMDVBU19TYWluc2J1cnknc18lMkI0NCUyMDEzMDM3JTIwMTQxMDBfZV9ZTjEwMTV4MjYwODA4Mjc3fnBvcy41MC45MzMxOTNfMC43OTYwODNfQ2FtYmVyJTIwU2FuZHNfX19lX35wb3MuNTAuODU0OTAwXzAuNTgwMzIwX0hhc3RpbmdzJTJDJTIwRWFzdCUyMFN1c3NleF9fX2VffnBvcy41MC45NjIzNzlfMC40ODM2NDBfSm9obidzJTIwQ3Jvc3MlMkMlMjBFYXN0JTIwU3Vzc2V4X19fZV9+cG9zLjUwLjg5NjY5MF8wLjQ0ODU1MF9DYXRzZmllbGQlMkMlMjBFYXN0JTIwU3Vzc2V4X19fZV9+cG9zLjUwLjczODEyMV8wLjI0NTEwMF9CZWFjaHklMjBIZWFkJTJDJTIwRWFzdGJvdXJuZSUyQyUyMEVhc3QlMjBTdXNzZXhfX19lXyZtb2RlPUQmcnRvcD0wfjB+MH4=

When?
Sunday 27th April

What can I drive?
As the title implies, it's the annual 916-series event so GTV/Spider would be good :D

Meet Point #1 at 08:00hrs to 08:30hrs
Notcutts
Newnham Court, Bearsted Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 5LH

Meet Point #2 at 09:15hrs to 09:40hrs
East Kent Audi / Wyevale Garden Centre
Stour Valley Industrial Estate Ashford Road, Chartham, Canterbury, Kent CT4 7HF

Meet Point #3 at approx 10:30hrs to 11:00hrs
Sainsbury's
19 Military Road, Hythe, Kent CT21 5AS

Pub Finale at approx 13:30hrs - time as required
The Beachy Head Inn
Beachy Head Road, Beachy Head, Eastbourne, BN20 7YA
http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thebeachyheadeastbourne

Important Notes
Please ensure you bring a 2-way radio and drive with full, dipped beam so that everyone can see each other in the convoy.... Keep pace with the group.

I don't provide SatNav files, so please use the route to produce your own ITN file if needed or print a copy of the route and these details of the meet points.

If for any reason you get seriously lost, just head to the next meet point within the stated time slots. If anyone wants to create an ITN file, you are most welcome to do so and upload it to the post for others to download - thanks.

Driving style is that of a cruise with spirited fun, where it's safe and appropriate.

Please ensure you keep a sensible distance with the car in front, allow for the unexpected. If you wish to overtake someone, please do so in a courteous manner, as not to screw them up in the process....

These general rules enable all to enjoy their day out :) it's all very social, good fun and nice to see 'others' with the same series of car - makes for a very :cool: procession.

Look forward to welcoming old faces and newbies are also very welcome :thumbs:

Cheers,
Paul

NB.From May to September it will be "All Alfisti" runs, this is the last of the exclusives with the V6 Super Run in March, so no one will be excluded as we progress towards the warmer months -- he says! :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Will u give out lines for lateness or will it be litter picking. Last time i had set of rules i was cained infront of the school.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
No, the new thing is writing from the high way code !!

I will stop at a red light.

:cry:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is there a section in the highway code for drive it like u stole it. Make all that work by al worth while

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Oh you saw that ! We're not stopping there, I have ordered 1 of wizards cat back systems to finish off the engine/exhaust work :cool:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will u give out lines for lateness or will it be litter picking. Last time i had set of rules i was cained infront of the school.
No, not at all... if you are late, we will simply leave without you :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At least the glovebox is just big enough for me to keep a small tin of hair wax :lol:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALL

Due to a work project, I can no longer host the run on this date and will need to postpone the event until May - Sunday 18th.

How is it possible to get this changed on the post?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just re post on the 18 the may get something in the events diary people will work it out. Title it re scheduled 916 run. To beachy head.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just re post on the 18 the may get something in the events diary people will work it out. Title it re scheduled 916 run. To beachy head.
Yep .... EVENT HAS NOW BEEN SUBMITTED FOR SUNDAY 18TH MAY and will be posted shortly for you to RSVP.

I will update this post with a redirect.

Please do NOT turn up on the April date, as it won't be happening.

Just to be totally clear ............ it's MAY :thumbs: :lol:

LINK to NEW EVENT DATE
Please RSVP here...
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-east/572834-annual-gtv-spider-916-super-run.html

1 - 20 of 29 Posts