Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I remember from my old one of irregulars steal/stole/stol*llen... I do not really remember how many L should be.
Everything I write this forum are redwave- underlined means wrong. Digits are only good as well as single letter words. Are any idea how to arrange it ???...
Мы знали, что вы имели в виду. я думаю, что Cue2 любит, чтобы немного развлечься

·
Registered
33,229 Posts
And remember when the alarm goes off it will be quieter aswell as you have just blocked it off:tut:
You mean in a way that may reduce the effectiveness of the alarm which the insurance company insists your car is equipped with ?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Dunno why this is so important on Alfas, I don't hear other cars beeping like this, why does the insurance insist on it on our cars?

I know it annoys my neighbours when I go to work at 0430 each morning.

Anyway, who even pays attention to alarms these days, they go off left, right and centre, people just ignore them!

Maybe some fruitcake will try to break into our cars? Why? No stereo to be stollen as it's built into dash, car can't be driven away as it's immobilised, the mind boggles.......

·
Registered
755 Posts
I like the beep, especially when people are walking close to your car and you unlock it and they turn round like oh **** what did i do lol

·
Registered
33,229 Posts
All I know is that , when I arranged insurance for my Lancia Delta HPE back in the late nineties I had to prove it was Italian spec but with the same immobiliser and alarm as UK spec Fiat /Alfa models before they'd insure it.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
When my wife returns home at night I can hear the car pull into the driveway, hear the drivers door close, but never hear the alarm beeps. I used to ask her if she remembered to lock it, but she always did.

Pretty sure the beep is designed to be high pitched so you can't hear it unless you're outside. If neighbours are complaining - do they sleep with their windows open?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
When my wife returns home at night I can hear the car pull into the driveway, hear the drivers door close, but never hear the alarm beeps. I used to ask her if she remembered to lock it, but she always did.

Pretty sure the beep is designed to be high pitched so you can't hear it unless you're outside. If neighbours are complaining - do they sleep with their windows open?
+1

the beep is only audible outside.

I like it, don't need to watch the lights to know if the car locked or not.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The noise is so unnecessarily loud, particularly from the left front as you walk by.
If you cant hear that through your window, its time to get your hearing checked.

R

·
0 Posts
If I could speak russian I wouldn't live in the ****hole that is called Great Britain!

·
Registered
298 Posts
147 owners have been through all of this and there is a relatively simple fix that can be done to silence the beep yourself - am sure some clever sod will word this out for Gs too, before too long?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pushing this to the top of the pile again after 5 years....

I've just got a Giulietta and can't find any info about turning the beeps off, I did it on my 147,156 and 159 so is it a numbers thing ;)

·
Registered
37,362 Posts
You can change it by altering the alarms country code setting with MultiECUscan.

However there is an issue, you need the cars keycode number and UK cars were not supplied with this. You might be able to get a dealer to help you obtain the number but there is a good chance that they would refuse.

Other than that i'm not sure other than either covering the sounder with sound proofing or fitting a variable resistor in one of the wires to it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts