Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, not the most exciting news in the world, but I visited the Alfa museum last year (well, if you're spending a week in Milan then you have to, don't you?), and getting there on public transport was a bit of a hassle.

Previously, you had to get a train out to a small suburban station and then get a taxi. We went out from Milan central to Garbagnate Milanese station. Unfortunately there is no taxi rank there, so you need to have either pre-booked something, or be able to speak enough Italian to call one, or find an app to help.

Now though, there is a bus that drops you off right at the museum: https://www.museoalfaromeo.com/en-us/visita/Pages/visita.aspx

I can thoroughly recommend a visit if you're in the area - it's not a big museum, but it does have a wonderful collection of fabulous and iconic vehicles. And the café is superb.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I thought it was pretty big, as car museums go.

When I was there, I didn't get to try the café, as I could get no service whatsoever out of the listless staff. Haven't seen anyone so disinterested in serving customers ever before. And it's not like it's some "Italian thing" - everywhere else in Italy the service was just fine.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I was there in June, i ended up hire a 500 and return the 500 back in the same day. It works out cheaper.
I also didnt get much service from them , granted they were having a big function.
Looks like FCA higher ups were there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts