Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Eye don't believe it" says Pomeo.

Driving to the eldest boy's yesterday I pondered with so many long gone now and there wasn't that many in the first place I was thinking about the title.

Then whilst driving along in TIa the 3.2 facelift TI on a road in deepest Shettleston, Glasgow my jaw drapped when eye spied wie my little i a prefacey 166. I hud tay look twiced and low and behold it wiznae a UK 166. Had a foreign reggie on it.....Well dun m8...Doffs cap.

IF I hudnae Mrs P and baby P in the car a fast u turn and catch up and see you.

Enjoy your hols. :thumbup:

OR

IF you've jist immigrated hold ontay yer breeks when you find out whit the road tax wull be on yer auld pre facey.:paranoid: :eek:

Pomeo

Sorry fur l8 post but not on much nooadays and hindered by the hacking saga./

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I passed a French 166...pre-facelift diesel on the M26 early one morning about a month ago....what a sight....kept checking my rear-view mirror till it was a small dot... (M26 is straight). Glorious!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I still see them around the Edinburgh area. Not a regular occurrence but more frequently than I'd expect given how few are for sale these days.

There's one in particular that's been in a very sorry state for the last couple of years in a less desirable part of town. Think it's a foreign reg TS. Matt paint, always on manky steel wheels, often on axle stands and looks like the owner had started to embark on some questionable modifications and quickly ran out of Halfords gift vouchers.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just been to Rheims and back in mine this week. Did not see another on either side of the Channel. She performed well and enjoyed the cruise on the empty French AutoRoute.
I even managed to snap a pic of my 166 at the abandoned grand stand and pits of the old circuit.
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yesterday I was very lucky and happy man when driving my silver FL 166 behind silver pre-FL 166 2.4 :thumbup: It was also LHD and on a foreign license plates with something that looked like a black unpainted Zender-looking body kit. The driver should do something about his not-flashing left brake light but other than that it was splendid and refreshing view :biglaugh:

I even have a photo but as it's not my car I won't post it here :censored:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Early 3 litre Sportronic in silver and very good condition. Seen in Normandy with a Maidstone garage sticker in the screen, RHD and French plates. Another émigré worrying about his pension and healthcare?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts