Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I picked up my 147 2.0 lusso today at 11 and have already experienced both sides of the alfa experience!!

I was driving away from the garage and broke down, so was thinking, oh no, all the horror stories of owning an alfa and i've not had it 5 minutes before it breaks down!! Luckily it had only run out of fuel, so the garage topped me up and i was on my way! I was driving along for a further 10 minutes and a warning light came on, VDC failure or something like. So had to go back to the garage and they checked it out and couldn't find anything wrong with it.

So I started the drive home again and this time everything was fine, what a great car to drive, I am very happy now and will hopefully have lots of trouble free driving!!

Just thought I would share my new alfa experince!!

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Great stuff and congrats on your 147, hope she gives you many a mile :thumbs:

G

·
I have always had that feeling that something is going to go horribly wrong with my alfas, so far though all have been so much fun, and pretty damn good.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
144 Posts
VDC failure tends to be a false alarm caused by a switch in the brake pedal. If it keeps happening, ask them at the next service to adjust the brake pedal to eliminate the VDC error and they will know what you are talking about. I had mine adjusted 5 or so times when I had a 147... Nothing to worry about, just like the fog light failure and a host of other ones... (BUT IF YOU HAVE A SELESPEED, TAKE THAT WARNING SERIOUSLY, hopefully you steered clear of one of those!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, no its not a selespeed, not really a big fan of automatics!

I'll keep an eye out for the VDC, hopefully it wont happen again!

·
Registered
343 Posts
You'll not regret buying it! Mine went through 2 gear boxes and a new ECU when i first got my 147. Though i'd made a big mistake, but luckily the work was all covered under the warrenty.

Haven't looked back since! and (touch wood) not had a major issue since either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts