Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read many helpful posts on the forums I thought it about time I joined. Have recently bought a 156 1.8 (are`nt they quick for an 1800? My old 2.0 Mondeo had 5bhp less!) T-Spark Veloce in black and am smitten. People have said that a true car nut should own an Alfa at some stage and I`m glad I did.

I have a few questions which I hope you can help me: What is the difference between the 3 different Sport Packs available on the 156? I am unsure if I have a standard Veloce or something with a Sport Pack? The other query I have is a bit more technical and will post in the relevant section.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello Rob and welcome !! :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)
What year is your car? the 3 Sport packs morphed into the Veloce some time in 2000.... :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car is a September 2000 - would this fall into the Sport Pack clan?

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Rob and welcome to AO :)

You're right... all petrol heads owe it to themselves to own an Alfa at some stage in their life. I cant answer your 156 queries, but I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to help.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Welcome...

September 2000 is an odd time as thats when the morph happened...

I had a September 2000 156 Veloce recaro in red and was one of the early new spec cars - with bodykit 16" wheels and the carbon fibre look interior and red dials but with cloth recaro seats, the other veloce model had leather seats... The spoliers became options at that point...

I could never remember what the sport packs involved but the veloce was about the equivalent of a sport pack2....

simes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
RobJShe said:
Having read many helpful posts on the forums I thought it about time I joined. Have recently bought a 156 1.8 (are`nt they quick for an 1800? My old 2.0 Mondeo had 5bhp less!) T-Spark Veloce in black and am smitten. People have said that a true car nut should own an Alfa at some stage and I`m glad I did.

I have a few questions which I hope you can help me: What is the difference between the 3 different Sport Packs available on the 156? I am unsure if I have a standard Veloce or something with a Sport Pack? The other query I have is a bit more technical and will post in the relevant section.
Hi RobJShe,

Welcome to the AO,

Fabrice :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts