Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my nearside rear camber was pretty bad and that the tyre was more or less bald on the inside edge, so I read all of the 'rear camber' discussions that have gone before on here.

This lead me to look at the brackets which hold the dogbone in place on the subframe and compare the normal offside to the wonky nearside. Low and behold the nearside has an overlap of 1-2mm and the offside an overlap of 5-6mm. How can one be so different from the other? The car was factory lowered so maybe it was a Friday afternoon job back in 99!

I intend to drop the rear subframe and move the nearside bracket out to match the offside. Is it just the 4bolts holding the subframe to the car that I need to undo to drop it, or are there some other suspensions parts that need removing, like releasing the shocks from the bodywork?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Hi, if I remeber right you will need to undo the big bolt that goes through most of the rear suspension components, its hard work too, I also had to but a torx socket to fit as well for the four bolts holding the bracket on, as it was a funny size, but available from Halfords.

Other than that reasonably straight forward.

HTH

·
Registered
597 Posts
Keep us informed. Mine still to be done ( in for the dreaded Pedalbox/bulkhead fix).
Photos would be a big :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Keep us informed. Mine still to be done ( in for the dreaded Pedalbox/bulkhead fix).
Photos would be a big :thumbs:
Reg...Watt hami says.

also was the car always like that since ewe goat hur...or it just suddenly happened.....PIC1 wie the heat shield is the nearside and looks asif its slid back in the slot and gave mega -ve cambur....henced the wear.

Hope my logic above ia allwight IF no open tay currections as WIP like hami for me..Ready to get beasted in.

RE the nearside can you not gain acess wie the exhaust removed?

Jist from a butchers (No Terry) a long time ago....IIRC the petrol tank hinders access on OS.

Pomeo

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got a similar camber problem and have just had to buy two new tyres. The car is off to McLennans next week for a different issue and in the hope that the the bracket that has come free from rear exhaust box can welded back on. Rust on the outer box the culprit.

They will give me a quote for fixing the camber that day. Worn bushes is the problem. Same as the 2.0 I had. However once work was done it handled a fair bit better.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My car is in at the moment with Jonny Cargo who has managed to apply a magic fix to my knackered Pedalbox. I'm hoping he can take a look at rear suspension - despite being rebuilt a couple of years ago the rear tyres still have a short life due to inner wear.
Let us know if you have any success with this.......
Replacing all bushes at rear and loosening sub frame to adjust camber seem to be the best bet?

Hami

1 - 6 of 6 Posts