Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right so.After recently buying the most beautiful 66 out there ,I'm slowly adapting to a different facet of the Alfa ownership experience.I have only recently found out that the release button for the trunk is hidden in the glove compartment.:eek:
But that's not all.I still have some queries,and be sure other will pop up later on on.:lol:
1.How do you change the light intensity of the speedo ?It's a bit dim at the moment...
2.How do you turn off the air conditioning,but keep the ventilation on ? Is is eco or man on the ICS ?
3.There was a third question but it's getting late now and can't remember it...:)
Oh,something about the 16 inch alloys.I have 18s at the moment and I'm looking for 17s for the winter,but they're hard to find.I found a set of 16s,but I'm a bit worried about how the sport suspension will react to downgrading 2 inches in the rim size.:confused:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Lovely 166 - Not many Ti's in red. First I have seen! :cool: mine was dark grey.

1. There is a control, but I can't remember where! close to steering wheel.
2. Eco.
3. Rolling radius should be around the same - 235/40/18, 225/45/17 or 205/55/16 (I think that is 16" size). So no problem with whatever.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Dimming rotary knob is on dash left side of the steering next to the
driving lights knob...But even on it's highest, it's still not bright enough...I must be going blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
:cheese:
Dimming rotary knob is on dash left side of the steering next to the
driving lights knob...But even on it's highest, it's still not bright enough...I must be going blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheese: i'm blind too...guess your is adjusted to take account of the Beruit Blackout.:D helf n safety and all that dafi:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lads,I found the knob.It's small and hidden behind the cruise control stalk.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi pomeo, black outs are not too bad now...We do have around 18 hours electricity a day...Better than Nigeria I guess...That's why we all have our own generators......Self sufficiency!!!!! who needs governments anyway ? they just make your life harder...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another query for you guys : I think I have the rain sensors,I have the blue dot behind the mirror and all,but wipers won't turn on by themselves when raining.Isn't it what they were supposed to do ?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I believe in south lanarkshire the lighting comes from whale blubber and they keep warm by burning peet.

:lol:
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Aye an peet pete peter wasnae too happy about it.
You should have heard him squeal like pomeo's brakes.

money saving tip..burning peet saves switching the strereo on....yep we have stereo...just arrived last week 2 mono radios and a length of string between them ..works a treat:thumbs: :D

Pomeo

Arrives North Lanarkshire around 2299:cheese:
Vive la difference.;)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I think I have the rain sensors,I have the blue dot behind the mirror and all,but wipers won't turn on by themselves when raining.Isn't it what they were supposed to do ?
Should be one notch down with the stalk to activate the rain sensor. If the system is working, the wipers will do one sweep and then stop in a slightly higher position than normal. You can control the sensitivity of the rain sensor by turning the end of the stalk, which has 4 positions, I think.

Your car looks like a beautiful example, by the way :cool:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Should be one notch down with the stalk to activate the rain sensor. If the system is working, the wipers will do one sweep and then stop in a slightly higher position than normal. You can control the sensitivity of the rain sensor by turning the end of the stalk, which has 4 positions, I think.

It works in mine, funny enough!!!!
pomeo doesnt have it lacey may have ..just not sussed it out right yet.

thanks to the subtle details thread I have just sussed out the SKOOSHERS. (Translation..windscreen washers)

Pomeo

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I'll try it,it started raining today and it looks like it's not going to stop until it will start to snow.So one position down and if the wipers remain a bit higher it should work by itself...But if it's an automatic sistem,why one needs to adjust the sensitivity ? Forgot to mention that the windscreen was changed,does it have anything to do with this ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'll try it,it started raining today and it looks like it's not going to stop until it will start to snow.So one position down and if the wipers remain a bit higher it should work by itself...But if it's an automatic sistem,why one needs to adjust the sensitivity ? Forgot to mention that the windscreen was changed,does it have anything to do with this ?
Mine has a mind of it's own, no even sure if they are rain-sensetive. They do seem to work sort of with a mind of their own - some times wiping like fury, sometimes not bothering.

I've been to Brasov, my overwhelming memory is of the amount of people being sick on railway station at mindight.....

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
But if it's an automatic sistem,why one needs to adjust the sensitivity?
Because it's a low tech system! The newer ones, eg. BMW, automatically adjust.

Mine has a mind of it's own, no even sure if they are rain-sensetive.
Mine work fine and I use them a lot.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Because it's a low tech system! The newer ones, eg. BMW, automatically adjust.
I was suspecting that.The other day I was talking to a MY08 59 owner and his is the same.:rolleyes:
I know I'm just splitting hairs now,but what's the difference then between moving the entire stalk position by position in order to make the wipers go faster and "adjusting the sensitivity" by rotating the end of the stalk ??:rolleyes:

And since I'm new the 66 fold,I was searching for that thread were people were writing about what they like in the 66 that's not so obvious.In the past I could find the thread easy,but now I was looking through the last 20 pages or so and couldn't find it.:confused:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I know I'm just splitting hairs now,but what's the difference then between moving the entire stalk position by position in order to make the wipers go faster and "adjusting the sensitivity" by rotating the end of the stalk ??:rolleyes:
If you are going on a lengthy journey then just move stalk down one notch and turn to full sensitivity - Then no matter what the weather throws at you the wipers will deal with themselves. If dry they will not move after first swep and wil just sit slightly higher at the bottom of screen.

Remember that after car turned off the stalk nets to be reset (up then back down) each time you restart the car.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I was suspecting that.The other day I was talking to a MY08 59 owner and his is the same.:rolleyes:

And since I'm new the 66 fold,I was searching for that thread were people were writing about what they like in the 66 that's not so obvious.In the past I could find the thread easy,but now I was looking through the last 20 pages or so and couldn't find it.:confused:
I think this is the link you are looking for

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/120841-subtle-details-game-on-the-166-a.html

:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts