Alfa Romeo Forum banner

221 - 240 of 272 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Sneak photo preview .....stopped by today and somehow took almost everyone on a magical mystery tour. Ended up in the village of the dead ....real live zombies lining the streets making weird noises ....armed with home made brew...they even blocked the road at one point , we didn't stay for long. ....sharp exit , good day with some spirited driving .....the A714 (on way home) that road should be closed! ...has to be the worst road in Scotland.

Sorry I could not attend full tour ...great folks having a great time ! maybe next year !!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
What a brill weekend, great cars,, fab people and some grand drives, can we come again next year please..:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Big thanks to Graham and Louise and the supporting cast..:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
What a brill weekend, great cars,, fab people and some grand drives, can we come again next year please..:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Big thanks to Graham and Louise and the supporting cast..:)
Not much more to say than this! You have summed it up Wayne!

To anyone who was thinking about it but didn't manage - go for it next year! It is a great get together:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Thanks to Graham for organising a fantastic weekend. It was good to see old and new faces.

Sorry I had to cut and run this morning. I needed to get home before the Lemsip wore off. Despite the sneezing I had a great time and I'll definitely sign up for next year! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
17:35, car is now spotless again :)
Even cleaned wheels & callipers and sealed with autoglym wheel sealer.

Now waiting on a burger on the bbq and enjoying a very cold Peroni :D

I must see when my next Alfaholics anonymous appointment is.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Back home safely,we have had a thoroughly great time, people great fun, driving great fun, food great, beer great did I mention the driving :D:D:D
Thank you to everyone for making us feel welcome we did not feel that we had gatecrashed a private party and a big thank you to Graham for organising everything and before I forget thanks for everyone that voted for my car you all have immaculate taste;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Thanks everyone!

Well that's us home after a lunch stop at Silverburn (payback from Louise!) and a tour of the shops!

Thanks to every single one of you for coming along to this year's run. I will post a full report in due course. I'm knackered!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow, what a great weekend. Thanks to all of you for your good company and for making me feel so welcome. Fantastic roads, driving, food, beer (and whiskey). I even got home in time to see a Robie Williams tribute act at the opening party of our new gym :eek:. But that aside it really couldn't have been better. Looking forward to seeing the photos, and to the next one.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Fantastic weekend once again. You keep raising the bar Graham and we keep thinking it will be a hard act to follow, but you somehow always pull a rabbit out of the hat!

Thank you all for the fun and company, you made it a very very enjoyable weekend. I'll get the piccies done over the next couple of days (no quick jpegs from me I'm afraid) and you'll see them all soon.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I think I've figured it out! The reason it gets better every is nothing to do with me, it's down to all who turn up and make it the enjoyable experience that it is.
Been a few good shouts for next year, so for a change I think we'll be doing east coast.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I think I've figured it out! The reason it gets better every is nothing to do with me, it's down to all who turn up and make it the enjoyable experience that it is.
Been a few good shouts for next year, so for a change I think we'll be doing east coast.

Stonehaven? St Andrews? (golf sticks reqd?), Arbroath smokies? booking at a website near here:)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Although there has been a lot of well deserved praise posted here, I felt I had to add to it for good measure. This was my first annual tour, first of many I have to say. The company, the itinerary, the location, the banter, the beer/malt/wine and the food was honestly, amazing. As well as getting to know some friends better, I feel like I have made new ones. That was one the most enjoyable experiences I have had (car based)!! Thank you to everyone who contributed to the things I mentioned above. Finally thank you Graham for organising it and Louise for putting up with his tantrems during this time :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Got home safe and sound (after a satnav inspired detour) yesterday evening.

Thanks to Graham for organising, Fraser for photographing and everyone for making it another great trip. Perhaps not as sunny as previous years, perhaps a little rougher on the tyres, but once again it's the people who attend who really make this event special. Without the great mix of folk who attend from Sommerset to Buchan and everywhere between it wouldn't be half as much fun.

Didn't get much opportunity for snaps, but do have some to post up later.

Cheers

S n P

221 - 240 of 272 Posts