Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ground rules:
You can put up your "for sale" or "wanted" items here, but AO will not be involved other than facilitating.... no involvement in the financial transactions in other words.
No commercial ventures. This is not a trade site. Items can only be "advertised" in a personal capacity.
For sale or wanted posts will be moved to here from the main lounge if they conform to its rules if not deleted.
Posts will be removed after 3 months of posting to keep the thread tidy.
This thread will not be used as a chat thread.

Please note we recommend Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds for secure selling and buying.

On all items for sale or wanted here must have the following information:

Heading
Sub Heading
Price:
Condition:
Reason for sale / need:
Area:
Pics:
Contact details:

Note: Posts that do not conform to the above will be deleted.

Note: The thread will be deleted if forum members can not follow the simple rules.

Example

For Sale
Alfa 166 3.0
Price: £1,500
Condition: Very good
Reason for sale: Getting company car
Area: Manchester
Pics: available on request
Contact Details: Contact me via PM or email

Any questions / answers must be sent Via PM/phone/email and the seller / wanted must update his post accordingly, e.g extra info / item sold / no longer required etc.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Looking for 164 Super steering wheel (non airbag with the two horn buttons)
Sun roof parts (several of the fragile monkey metal internal parts)
Standard side skirts (would swap for my QV style Lester ones)
Rear Super bumper

Would be willing to trade parts for my Zender rear spoiler with brake light
If I find a standard steering wheel, my Momo/Zender can go too
If I find a rear bumper, my hand fabricated lower 'Diablo' style wing would go (needs attention to small crack)
Also willing to part with my Zender Star 17" alloys in need of a refurb
I also have a professionally painted wrinkle red V6 plenum that can go

Yes, I'm tuning down with an eye to doing a full restoration

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anyone got a sunroof seal for a 164?
In case no one got back with you, Jason at Alfissimo International here in the States sells a replacement seal. It is not an exact match but it is very close and is probably better than a worn out one. There has been a discussion on it in the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board and Forums under the 164 section. Hopefully you found one, but if not, try Jason.

Good luck and cheers,

Jeff
Dallas, Texas

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm going into hospital in 4 weeks and will be out of action for at least 6 months afterwards, so I won't be doing anything with cars for a while. This means I have to get rid of a lot of 166 parts, this includes grey leather seats, heater matrix (2), trim panels, door handles, window motors, boot lid, bonnet, sportronic gearbox, front bumper, wing mirrors, lots of different bits. If anyone wants to make me an offer for the lot and come up with a transit van you'd be helping me out. Even if you don't need it all you could re sell on fleabay, make me an offer you might be surprised.

·
Registered
2 Posts
166 front driver side window switch unit

Hi
I am looking for an electric switch unit for the front driver side window for my alfa 166, 2001 3 litre super. Anyone out there with one?

Janice on 07772237513

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
For sale: 164 Race jacket

For Sale
164 Celebrity race jacket,rare, L - probably more like M
Price: £40.00
Condition: Good, has been washed, no marks
Reason for sale: Too small...:rolleyes:
Area: East Central Scotland
Pics: available on request
Contact Details: Contact me via PM or 07856572229

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Alfa 166 3.0 V6 24v Sportronic FACELIFT 2005

For Sale

Alfa 166 3.0 V6 Sportronic FACELIFT
Price: £3,750
Condition: Very good
Reason for sale: Company car on the way (sob)
Area: SE
Pics: See attached
Contact Details: Contact me via PM or email me on [email protected]

To call himself a true motoring enthusiast, every man* should have owned an Alfa Romeo at least once in his life. That Alfa Romeo should have a V6 under the bonnet, that V6 should be the real Alfa Romeo V6 engine created by the genius Giuseppe Busso.

In August 2011, EVO Magazine wrote “the original Alfa Romeo V6 was the most-glorious sounding six cylinder road engine ever”.

To truly experience the aura of this engine in its final 24v form, one should own a late (Facelift) Alfa 166. Few V6 166s were ever imported, even fewer of them were the last Facelifted models.

* & it is men who are mainly the owners/drivers of these cars. Ladies, prove me wrong and buy it!

For Sale: 2005 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24v Sportronic.

When I went shopping for a new “Gentleman’s Express” in 2010, I already had an Alfa Romeo Spider (& still have). I was determined to have a V6 166 Sportronic, it had to be a Facelifted version. I was fussy; I also had a particular colour combo in mind – Black with black leather. I also wanted it to ride on the lovely 18” multispoke wheels.

It took a while (not very many late 166s were imported) & I had really narrowed the field of my search, but eventually I found my car.

It had faults. The remote central locking had failed, the heater matrix was leaking (ouch!), the cambelt change was overdue (double ouch), the car wore an eccentric assortment of tyres. What care I? I had my dream car.

So, the application of cash** brought the car back to good order. Here is a list of the work carried out:

Cambelt, pulley and waterpump change.

New heater matrix (& replacement Sportronic ECU).

New brakes all round, discs and pads – the ideal mix of Brembo & Ferodo items.

A new key and reprogramming of the remote locking (madly expensive).

Various steering and suspension joints replaced.

New CV joints, new front wheel bearings.

A new “Ragazzon” stainless steel exhaust system (tailpipe embossed AUTODELTA) was fitted. The car now gives a sound akin to the distant rumble of thunder – restrained yet ever so slightly threatening. Once you hit 4,500 rpm it’s a whole different story.

The sealed-for-life auto box was drained and refilled (because I just didn’t believe that any gearbox should go forever on its original oil) with 6L of a queer Selenia product that seems to cost more than Aqua di Parma.

PLUS gallons of expensive synthetic oil, many filters and hours and hours and hours of tinkering by those knowledgeable people at Day & White’s (Brands Hatch) and Sunnyside in Romford. Plus some other stuff done by my local “Fred-in-a-shed”

The car now rides on the correct 235/40 18 Pirelli P6 Rosso tyres (fronts new in Jan 2013).

** I haven’t added the service and repair invoices up (in case my darling wife sees them), but in 33 months of ownership they must be north of £10,000.00

Now I have a fabulous car. A delight to drive; responsive and comfortable. This 166 is a noble car, other cars clear a way for its progress.

Extras:

Parrot 9200i hands free system with colour screen (also plays wirelessly through the 166 audio system from your iPod/mp3).

Reversing sensors. Protect your rear!

Sadly, my new employer does not have the liberated car policy that my former employer did. I am to be given a company car, a diesel & it’s G*rm*n. I almost don’t know what to say. My head hangs in shame. But hey-ho, we all need jobs.

Are you a true motoring enthusiast? Give me a mere £3,750.00 and this wonderful, yet practical piece of automotive history and icon of exquisite taste will be yours…

To view & buy, call me on:

01892 678910

or

07866 086666

The car is located in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

Although the car is shown with a caravan, it has NOT been used for towing. A towbar is NOT fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm going into hospital in 4 weeks and will be out of action for at least 6 months afterwards, so I won't be doing anything with cars for a while. This means I have to get rid of a lot of 166 parts, this includes grey leather seats, heater matrix (2), trim panels, door handles, window motors, boot lid, bonnet, sportronic gearbox, front bumper, wing mirrors, lots of different bits. If anyone wants to make me an offer for the lot and come up with a transit van you'd be helping me out. Even if you don't need it all you could re sell on fleabay, make me an offer you might be surprised.
I really need to get rid of all these parts desperately, can someone please take them off my hands, not got the time to list on fleabay, £200 and I'll fill your transit van, potential to make some cash if you have the time to list on Fleabay, please please help!

email me: [email protected] or call text 07871 283649

·
Registered
145 Posts
Genuine rear brake pads 164

IT'S NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT

Hello. Is there anybody who needs a pair of new on their box, GENUINE rear brake pads for his
ALFA 164 ?

code eper : 9945629

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
A bit of a long shot this one, but does anyone have a 164 cruise control stalk gathering dust in their shed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
166 Xenon Level Sensor Wanted

WANTED:

Self leveling sensor from any 166 with factory fitted gas discharge headlamps.

I've attached a photo of the little device I'm after. It's mounted to the suspension system and there is one for front and rear, but they are identical. Also, it is only present on the left hand side in each case.

Please e-mail me if you can help.
I'm in Ireland and can pay for item & delivery via Paypal if that helps :cool:

If unsure, this is easily determined by looking at the controls beside the headlights switch.
When factory fitted gas discharge lights are present, there is NO control for light beam level as it is automatic.

Many thanks,

David

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wanted:

OSR (rear drivers side) door in silver, doesn't need to have trimings or door card etc mine needs replacing after some nice gentleman SLAMMED my door for me and pushed all the door in and made a right mess, if anyone has one please get in contact. Many thanks, Jon [email protected] 07871 283649

·
Registered
844 Posts
Under bonnet tray for 166FL

I need an under bonnet tray for my FL Sportronic 166/3 litre 2005 model. Please let me know of you can help. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.