Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lorry driver walks into our reception at work.

Receptionist: "Can I help?"
Lorry driver, holding a broken grill covered in flakes of 8C paint: "Er, does anyone here own an Alfa?"
Me: :cry:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh dear sorry to hear that , how bad ? write off bad ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear sorry to hear that , how bad ? write off bad ?
Not that bad thankfully. From the black scuff marks it appears to have been a glancing blow across the front from the wheel of his flatbed. The grille has taken the worst of it, but the bumper has cracked and split in a couple of places around the grille mount where's it obviously less pliable than the rest of the bumper. Luckily the metalwork seems undamaged.

At least they left their details. A colleague had the samething happen to their BMW 6-series last month and the culprit just drove off.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.
Its so annoying when your not even in the car.
I hope it gets fixed real soon.

A couple of years back we had a truck do a u turn in our car park and the back end tore a gash like a tin opener along the rear door & quarter of a 9 month old Pug 406 estate.
He then drove off. The cc tv saw it happen but wasn't good enough to get a reg.
I'm glad the offender owned up to yours.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( Good luck getting it sorted :)

We've had part of our 8C car resprayed so it's definitely possible; however, I have also heard some horror stories from a couple of (main) dealers..

·
Registered
975 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I notice your location - I know how tight the roads are in Guernsey having visited a few times with 201 (Guernsey's Own) Squadron. I imagine there are quite a few scrapes here and there!

Hope it gets sorted without too much of a drama.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts