Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chancellor of the exchequer,my f*****g arse,little hitler more like,the nazis couldn,t have persecuted one section of society better than that t**t,first he f***s around with our pensions,brainwashes society to turn against us,drives us to the last resort of striking,gives us no pay rise for two years,then gives us a one percent pay rise for the following two years while smiling like a f*****g hyena on uppers, thousands of us are thrown out of work with the promise the private sector will employ us what a load of w**k and all that in 18 f*****g months,what a c**t:rant:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I previously worked in the Inward Investment team for a regional development agency. We were very successful and generated thousends of jobs and cash investment every year. I was made redundant in July. I've applied for nearly two hundred jobs and had only my second interview today. I was actually sat in the room with Vince Cable when he told us our jobs were safe. I'd look to Labour for a way forward but they are in a mess...also I left said party when they scrapped the 10% tax band because I just couldn't justify being a member of a party that penalises the poor. I just can't watch the news anymore without screaming at the bunch of elitist snobs pursuing their dogmatic war on all those that Granny Maggie hated.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
My simple solution to the situation at the moment is increase base rate and higher rate of income tax by 5% each. As the system is already in place this should generate enough to pay for the armed forces, an NHS that sticks to Bevan's original principles and free education to ANY level. Also remove VAT on fuel of any kind. Just a thought.

·
Registered
37,751 Posts
I am sure Ed Balls could do a much better job. :rolleyes:

Start spending again like there is no budget defiecit or national debt, then end up with total misery in a year or two when the government cannot borrow any more money.

Hard decisions need to be taken, and they are bound to make anyone who is Chancellor at present unpopular.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I don't think Ed Balls could do a better job. Like I said the Labour party is in a mess. What I am suggesting is I would prefer to pay more tax through a system that is already in place and see the money generated go into the areas I mentioned and their supply chain which is generally private sector, innovative and key in the generation of exports. I would scrap the 50% tax band but leave the 20% vat rate. If you look at the tax misery index we are still not that highly taxed.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The manufacturing industry is Kaput here. Stop talking city wise and lets get back to producing goods Mr. C. and Mr. M. ! :mad:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
But, as Brown sold off the Gold, so were the manufacturing blue collar industries too, by who (whom :D)? Now we have loads of kids coming out of Uni's to do what? :confused:

No party for years in this country has had natural by birth, inbred Common Sense. It'll take years to get back to having a workforce that can actually make things which are marketable around the globe.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to mention

The t**t also wants to abolish the national pay strucure which values the work of a person in one area as highly as another,so someone in cumbria doing the same job as say someone lincolnshire could get less pay for doing the same work,this c**t is unbelievable,this not victorian britain, even thatcher would not stoop so low!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Speak for yourself. :D:

Callouses and cracked hands were a sign of national prosperity, when I were a lad. Work? Yep! few know the meaning of arduous sweat and toil with that I agree. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
But we do have quality. The manufacturing we have at the moment is very high tech what a lot of companies are realising is that manufacturing here for the UK/European market is just as economic as manufacturing in the far east, shipping the goods here (esp with the high cost of fuel) and then doing QC with a high number of rejects. We need schools and colleges to encourage manufacturing as a career. I've been in manufacturing and engineering plants cleaner than my house...and my missus is a nurse with ocd about cleaning! Bleach on the door handle of the loo every time kinda OCD!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The Spirit of Ecstasy weeps for us, but as she is now Vorsprung Durch Technik, I suppose she is happy with the affluence over there? :):

·
Registered
37,751 Posts
We can, & do, manufacture a lot of stuff (for example, the UK has the world's second largest aerospace industry); we need a government that values the manufacturing industry, something which we haven't had in living memory.
Totally agree. We have more money going out of the country than is coming in, as we no longer make anything.

This is part of our problem.

The industry I work in supplies items mainly to Europe. Sure the actual labour to assemble them in China would be cheaper, but metal is still expensive, and shipping a 40 Tonne lump of stainless steel and copper back to Europe wouldn't be cheap.

Then there is the fact that all of the R&D is based here which in all makes it silly to export the manufacture of it.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
We can, & do, manufacture a lot of stuff (for example, the UK has the world's second largest aerospace industry); we need a government that values the manufacturing industry, something which we haven't had in living memory.
Not in large quantities. The manufacturing industry wasn't abandoned on a whim, it was dying and had to be replaced.

E

·
0 Posts
1% would be nice to a lot of people. My sister is having to work more hours simply to get by as she has had NO pay rise in a good number of years.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts