Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from my demise at losing a working example of my Connect + Re my thread on Reverse camera. I am going to get another , Is there any new information out there for getting a code for another to match the body computer.
I take it that the only route is Dealership.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
Apart from my demise at losing a working example of my Connect + Re my thread on Reverse camera. I am going to get another , Is there any new information out there for getting a code for another to match the body computer.
I take it that the only route is Dealership.
Only way to get a security code for a connect is from Italy, via the dealer, for a price. You need the connect+ serial number.
Contrary to the standard radio's, there is no way to just generate the code.... :(

If possible I would try to get a second hand connect WITH the security code .....

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only way to get a security code for a connect is from Italy, via the dealer, for a price. You need the connect+ serial number.
Contrary to the standard radio's, there is no way to just generate the code.... :(

If possible I would try to get a second hand connect WITH the security code .....
Im too spontaneous , I have bought one already , I know where it came from the car that is , so hopefully the code has been preserved!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So where is the connect + serial number please. There doesn't appear to be one.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK it looks like every other story concerned with this unit is down to dealer, as I can get every thing to work except when I switch ign on , this a replacement unit I'm talking about . The language is not clear , but I don't think its english, lol, and deleting of destinations have to be overcome but lets get it running on ign .The master code is being asked for when its on , so watch this space!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have now been given a code from our local dealer but ... it’s not been accepted .
Is it a case that the body computer has to be proxy aligned first to accept this, does anyone know please.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
I have now been given a code from our local dealer but ... it’s not been accepted .
Is it a case that the body computer has to be proxy aligned first to accept this, does anyone know please.
It shouldn't , as your car originally had a connect+.

Normaly, if you switch the connect on without switching on the ignition, it should function without asking for a code as the bodycomputer is not powered up in that case.
Turning on the ignition, the bodycomputer comes alive and "sees" the connect, and first time after installing it will ask for the security code....

I assume the code you got is specific for your specific "new" connect ? (it should be .... )

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It shouldn't , as your car originally had a connect+.

Normaly, if you switch the connect on without switching on the ignition, it should function without asking for a code as the bodycomputer is not powered up in that case.
Turning on the ignition, the bodycomputer comes alive and "sees" the connect, and first time after installing it will ask for the security code....

I assume the code you got is specific for your specific "new" connect ? (it should be .... )
Yes it functions without ign , switch ign on and asks for code ,correct.Try to proxy align and dashboard fails on the list.
Go straight int magnetti and it shows all the functions although it doesn't do much I have to say , Still a step forward from the old connect which was nothing.
Travelled home tonight and radio and sat nav working in the back ground but disallowing its screen, weird .
I get the feeling that I either need my own body code and not the car it came off , I dont know , and to add I reckon the code they got which was sourced through the doner's car reg , might have been for a single din blaupunkt , again I will need to ask tomorrow . The garage is suppost to be clarifying whats what , but I am slowly losing the will!

Thanks for replying much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
I get the feeling that I either need my own body code and not the car it came off , I dont know , and to add I reckon the code they got which was sourced through the doner's car reg , might have been for a single din blaupunkt , again I will need to ask tomorrow . The garage is suppost to be clarifying whats what , but I am slowly losing the will!
Yes, the code you need is specific to the connect+ you currently have, and not related to the car.

With a new (to your car) connect+ the bodycomputer requests the security code from the connect+ the first time it "sees" it, which you need to enter via the connect+ keypad. If you enter the correct code, the connect+ is enabled and the code is stored in the bodycomputer for future use. From this point on the bodycomputer will accept this current connect+, without asking for the connect+ code again.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the code you need is specific to the connect+ you currently have, and not related to the car.

With a new (to your car) connect+ the bodycomputer requests the security code from the connect+ the first time it "sees" it, which you need to enter via the connect+ keypad. If you enter the correct code, the connect+ is enabled and the code is stored in the bodycomputer for future use. From this point on the bodycomputer will accept this current connect+, without asking for the connect+ code again.
OK Thanks , they must have been given the wrong code then , I will get back to them to clarify. I am pretty sure they use a standard database and not realised that they should have asked Italy for Marelli codes , they did ask the make before the search, so it doesn;t make sense. The original car donor was sold by an Aberdeen dealer , so I will touch base with them as well.
I am just dealing with a Garage more helpful.
Cheers Pat.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
OK Thanks , they must have been given the wrong code then , I will get back to them to clarify. I am pretty sure they use a standard database and not realised that they should have asked Italy for Marelli codes , they did ask the make before the search, so it doesn;t make sense. The original car donor was sold by an Aberdeen dealer , so I will touch base with them as well.
I am just dealing with a Garage more helpful.
Cheers Pat.
Good luck, hope it works out :italiansmiles:

PS
following shows example of a connect with the card with 4-digit code. Connect serial number can be seen in between the barcodes .....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Whether anyone is interested or not I am still pursuing the functionality of a replacement Connect + unit in my GT , basically down to cost and the way it fits into the dash the way it was. Everything works as it should without the ign on and then of course asks for the code when you switch on.
I got a Sim card from my present mobile provider BT and it worked fine in the unit , but in doing so it blocked out my present sim , which is from BT. They said they can't provide a double sim ?
I explained I can switch off existing mobile and use new one in the car, but NO.
I received the new "Replacement sim" I thought here we go , that is not what I asked for ,I asked for a Duo sim , they had never heard of such a thing , I know its old technology , but I kept it all intact as a standard sim and put it into a card supplied with the unit and seller (there's a credit card with a slot to put in a standard full size sim in it ) , then put it into the sim slot into the Connect and hey presto made a call from my number to my house! The issue remains , but for all that all I need to do is buy (BT were not interested when I phoned back and indeed cut me off chat before I suggested I buy a Pay as you go BT one) , so I thought sod it Ill get from someone else and call divert to my new number while travelling.
All I need is ?

By the way How do I delete The present Sat Nav directions on the present system to just running the maps until I set a new destination , its working in the background behind the master code screen trying to redirect the last destination , I am apparently going to Glasgow LoL! I cant find anything in the manual, although knowing me I haven't read it properly !

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts

By the way How do I delete The present Sat Nav directions on the present system to just running the maps until I set a new destination , its working in the background behind the master code screen trying to redirect the last destination , I am apparently going to Glasgow LoL! I cant find anything in the manual, although knowing me I haven't read it properly !
second page nav menu, delete destination :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
second page nav menu, delete destination :
Thanks I will have another look , I came across that Delete DESTINATION but it wouldn't do it, , but It maybe that I haven't got the master code yet.... (Thurs . hopefully). I try again thanks.
Pat

Not got the maps in my downloaded manual , however the instructions are new, so here goes , thanks.

Im ****e at reding the information I was looking for , many thanks JWG , the computer I took the liberty of downloading the pdf from blocks out maps , my fault haha come back to bite me !

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks I will have another look , I came across that Delete DESTINATION but it wouldn't do it, , but It maybe that I haven't got the master code yet.... (Thurs . hopefully). I try again thanks.
Pat

Not got the maps in my downloaded manual , however the instructions are new, so here goes , thanks.

Im ****e at reading the information I was looking for , many thanks JWG , the computer I took the liberty of downloading the pdf from blocks out maps , my fault haha come back to bite me !
Given the fact I tried to replace my connect with one from another car and still trying to get a code .
My original connect was coded to the body computer correctly but shows a grey screen when it boots up, then shuts down.
So if I swap the front section with the other box/case which part holds the code that originally was accepted by my own car, any wizards out there?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts