Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I play by the rules too but when most people do not, it can make you think twice:(

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Me too really winds me up ! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Always surprises me that the inconsiderate people who do this never really seem to own cars which are all that expensive and yet they carry on as if they're trying to keep a Veyron safe ! All of this "My pride and joy" stuff is a lad of horsesh!t.

Sure I get the bit about respecting other people's property and I agree that all too often that's lacking these days but at the same time it's not the poor lady with three kids who desperately wants to make use of the parent and child spots who deserves to be inconvenienced is it ? I've yet to visit the supermarket where there aren't plenty of spaces where people could park quite safely without the risk of parking dents but choose not to do so - If your car is so important to you use the spaces with plenty of space around them which just happen to be a bit further from the door you lazy arses !

Out of interest to all the "pride and joy" merchants if the mum and kids spaces were full up would you then start to use the blue badge spots ?

RSK
hmm........read the original.......i WAS parked in the furthest away space in the carpark im quite happy to use my legs and walk, i never park in mum and child nor in blue badge spaces........and when it comes to it who do you think you are to poo poo someones pride and joy? whether its a robin reliant or a ferrari its cost someone money and regardless of where its parked show some respect mate.......now someone please tell me to breathe again lol:tut:

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
there's alot to be said for online shopping.....................why is it always supermarkets where our lovely cars get wrecked...............someone in another thread twatted someone in a supermarket car park for opening his door and denting his pride and joy

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You can't get better advice than that :) :) :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
oi excuse me .............stop stealing my rant ..........get back to basics here people should not hit other folks cars then drive off its bloody ignorant end of story so leave me to my moment lol its my rant ok lol lol

H

·
0 Posts
And how long have you been a Policeman ? :rolleyes:

I'm all for playing by the rules, but the rules include respect for other people's property. As this is sadly lacking, protecting my car from the fcukwits described above comes first, so parent & toddler spaces it is.
PM me if you want me reg number :D
So you're all for playing by some of the rules, but not all?

And if protecting your car comes before anything else then leave it in your garage or on your drive.

Parent and baby spaces exist so that there's plenty of space for those that need it to get their kids in and out of their car without smashing doors into other motors.

So by taking those spaces, you're actually increasing the problem that you hate so much. But of course it's only affecting others, and not you, so you don't care.

And yeah if I see your car parked in a parent and child space when I'm out shopping and looking for a space, you'll get reported. Don't take it personally, I do it to all the inconsiderate cnuts who park illegally.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
RSK

2) If the "poor lady" with 3 kids finds it so difficult to go shopping, then perhaps she should make arrangements for them to be looked after and go on her own. That would also have the added benefit of making supermarkets a more civilised place to visit.

3) No, I do not park in disabled spaces, period. Disabled people do not choose their situation, unlike parents who choose to have children.

This is a wind up right? There can't really be people who think like this can there? :eek:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
RSK

1)"My pride & joy" obviously isn't worth as much as a Veyron, but it's important to me. I also don't have spare money laying around to have body work damage caused by inconsiderate muppets repaired.

2) If the "poor lady" with 3 kids finds it so difficult to go shopping, then perhaps she should make arrangements for them to be looked after and go on her own. That would also have the added benefit of making supermarkets a more civilised place to visit.

3) No, I do not park in disabled spaces, period. Disabled people do not choose their situation, unlike parents who choose to have children.
1. The fact that there are "inconsiderate muppets" around does not justify parking in Mother and Baby spaces. People who do could quite rightly be classed as "inconsiderate muppets" Let's penalise one section of society because of the actions of another. Thats fair.

2. The supermarkets own the car park and its their right to stipulate who can park where. If they want to assist mothers who shop there they can and its not for others to sabotage that. Most mothers stay at home with their children partly to avoid child-care. are you seriously suggesting that they should arrange child care for a trip to the shops when they could use allocated spaces provided that another "inconsiderate muppet" hasn't beaten them to it?

3. It is the parents choice to have children but its the choice of the supermarket to provide designated spaces on their land. Its an arrogant individual who thinks they can park where they like

·
Registered
169 Posts
Parent & Child spaces are exactly that. I find it very interesting that they are being referred to here as mother and child spaces.

I had an argument only a few months ago with a woman in my local ASDA car park.

The rain was teaming down and I pulled into the one remaining parent and child space with my two boys.(5 and 3). As I got out the car, a Golf with a woman and child in it pulled up behind my car and the window went down. The woman barked 'thats a space for mothers and children'.

Thinking she simply hadn't seen the two chaps in the back of my car, I pointed out that I had kids, politely smiled and proceeded to get them out the car.

She piped up again. 'No, I don't think you heard me. That space is for mothers and children.' Angered, if slightly stunned, I asked her if I was therefore expected to walk across the entire car park with my children in the p***ing rain, purely on the grounds that I was a bloke? 'Yes', came the reply.

As I was getting wet, as were my kids, I told her to f*** off and have a word with herself.

To this day, I can't quite believe I had that conversation. And to think they allow these people to breed.

To the rather backward bloke who seems to think children should not be welcome in supermarkets, why don't you stop taking your car there and get the bus? That way, you don't have to take up parent and child spaces that we parents use and you don't have to worry about getting your bodywork damaged that you seem unable to afford to repair in the first place. Job's a good 'un.

Everybody's happy!:cool:

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
:eek: :eek:

As this is not directed at anyone in...but a general statement...I hope it's not taken as a personal insult ;)

What a load of horse cack - you must be a complete and utter moron :rolleyes: talk about being thick....:rolleyes:

If on my land I choose to paint a bay for visitors that have children, that makes access easy and convenient...then thats my ****ing choice!! so I see no problem if a shop chooses to do it...

childcare...what the **** has that got to do with it?? Don't have children?? - can you have children?? or is that the point ?? holy **** I have said some crap in my time - but to come on a forum and spout if you can't afford childcare don't have children :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: what kind of anal, ignorent ****er are you??

get a take on yourself, times are hard, people are feeling the pinch....and people are working longer hours to make ends meet - people are tired...so its great that places want to make things that little easier...:)

Chris

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
RSK - Yes we do seem to agree on other things; obviously not this one. I respect your opinion, and I would hope you would respect mine. I have stated it honestly and without any intention to "get a rise"; if people react, then so be it. Just to respond to your points:

1) I do not park close to other cars. The issue I have is with others parking too close to mine.

2) If they can't afford the childcare, don't have the children. Yes I went shopping as a kid, but there were no P&C spaces then, and funnily enough parents seemed to manage perfectly ok then without them - why are they so useless now that they are incapable of walking 50 yards across a car park :eek:

3) You can call it a 6th form debating society point if you wish, but it happens to be a straight forward point of fact.

HST - I look forward to you reporting me. Bovvered, I aint occifer :D

COOPER - Not worth a response as usual, however I did laugh at the "arrogant" bit - now that's what I call real irony :lol:
Mmmm don't think I need to say anything, except to say that, technically, you have given a response!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
She piped up again. 'No, I don't think you heard me. That space is for mothers and children.' Angered, if slightly stunned, I asked her if I was therefore expected to walk across the entire car park with my children in the p***ing rain, purely on the grounds that I was a bloke? 'Yes', came the reply.
Does she also believe that "Mothercare" is only for mothers :confused: ;) ... if so does that mean I never have to go into the god awful shop ever again ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
So I guess I'm not the only one who thinks parking in a parent child space is wrong then lol

I wasn't however, expecting my comment to expose such soft and underused brain cells in full flow. If parent's shouldnt have children on account of not being able to afford childcare, then some people shouldn't have a mouth on account of the endless sh1te that pours out of it everytime it's opened.

That will be all.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Chris

Sorry that you can't engage in a debate without degenerating into personal and uninformed insults. I haven't accused anyone of being a moron, thick or a ****er for expressing their sincerely held views; pity you can't show the same respect or put together an intelligent argument.

I agree that supermarkets have the right to provide P&C spaces if they wish, but as a customer of said supermarkets, I have the right to object to being treated as a second class customer. I am not the only person on here either who feels the same way, as you will note if you read the entire thread.

P&C spaces have no legal distinction and do not exist outside of supermarkets(unlike disabled spaces) therefore I see them as purely a marketing tool. They are also unnecessary, as being a parent is not a disability.

That's why I use them, and will continue to use them.

This subject obviously raises a lot of tension wth the parents on here, so I will say no more on the subject. If anyone wishes to respond or add to this thread I hope they will do so in an appropriate, intelligent and adult manner, rather than in a way that mirrors a spoilt three year old being dragged out of his priviledged parking bay ;)

But you aren't using the P&C parking spaces to establish your rights as a consumer to park where you want - You are using the P&C spaces for their extra width so that people don't ding your car doors aren't you?......

You're making a right knob of yourself by continuing to defend the indefensible. P&C spaces are there for a reason.... One of the many reasons is that dragging kids out of car seats needs you to have your doors wide open and therefore more likely to hit the car next to you so by having odious ***** like you nicking those spaces you force more kids out into the rest of the car park to hit our car doors.

Read these responses, accept that you are behaving anti-socially by all normal behaviour measures, and stop parking in P&C spaces.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Chris

Sorry that you can't engage in a debate without degenerating into personal and uninformed insults. I haven't accused anyone of being a moron, thick or a ****er for expressing their sincerely held views; pity you can't show the same respect or put together an intelligent argument.

I agree that supermarkets have the right to provide P&C spaces if they wish, but as a customer of said supermarkets, I have the right to object to being treated as a second class customer. I am not the only person on here either who feels the same way, as you will note if you read the entire thread.

P&C spaces have no legal distinction and do not exist outside of supermarkets(unlike disabled spaces) therefore I see them as purely a marketing tool. They are also unnecessary, as being a parent is not a disability.

That's why I use them, and will continue to use them.

This subject obviously raises a lot of tension wth the parents on here, so I will say no more on the subject. If anyone wishes to respond or add to this thread I hope they will do so in an appropriate, intelligent and adult manner, rather than in a way that mirrors a spoilt three year old being dragged out of his priviledged parking bay ;)
But you can not have an intelligent debate - with someone that cleary is malfunctioning :confused:

Most people have the intelligence to recognise the need for spaces for parents of children - and as Fred says it also benefits others by allowing the space for parents to safely get kids out of their car without risk to other vehicles...:rolleyes:

Just admit it - you are a ****bag with no respect for anyone other than your own self interest...:rolleyes:

You're stupid can't afford childcare don't have children remark...:rolleyes:

Shame there wasn't a law saying 'if you can not bring up children to respect peoples property and other people - don't have children', then thankfully as you clearly have not been brought up with manners and decency, you would not exist ....

Sadly for this world that law does not exist, so worthless individuals are out there making other peoples lives more difficult, due to their inconsiderate actions....

But enjoy this - I have a feeling you may live to regret your actions ;)

Chris

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Parent (NOT just Mother) and child spaces are their because:

1. They lessen the amount of door dings in a car park
2. They are positioned next to the doors to prevent parents with 1 or more children (whilst juggling toddler on foot and/or trolley and/or pram) having to negociate a busy car park - therefore reducing the amount of accidents involving cars and small children (doesn't take much thinking to see who comes off worse in that scenario).

These are genuine, valid reasons why parents are assigned these spaces. In my experience, there are very rarely enough of them to go around - I always have to sit and wait for one, so they rely on the consideration and courtesy of other drivers. Please re-think your actions if you ever consider taking one of these spaces unnecessarily - it is perfectly possible to park away from the store, where it is less busy and you are much less likely to get your car damaged (as I always do when I don't have my son with me).

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I don't agree with parking in the P&C spaces if you don't have children, it's inconsiderate and selfish. It forces parents to park in smaller spaces, and therefore a high chance of accidentally dinging someone's door. It's more dangerous for the children as when you've got your head in the back of the car unlocking a child, with your arse hanging out, in a very confined space trying to prevent your door from hitting the car next to you... it's very difficult to prevent a second child from running into the path of oncoming vehicles.

There's no excuse to park in a parent & child space without an accompanying child.

(However, if you do, and you get a ticket you legally don't have to pay it and can tear it up. It's private property and contract law saws they can only penalise you for lost revenue.)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
It is inconsiderate and selfish to open your door in an uncontrolled manner and damage someone else's property and then sneak off. That was the pupose of this rant... Start a new one for P & C spaces and their misuse. :lol:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I don't agree with parking in the P&C spaces if you don't have children, it's inconsiderate and selfish. It forces parents to park in smaller spaces, and therefore a high chance of accidentally dinging someone's door. It's more dangerous for the children as when you've got your head in the back of the car unlocking a child, with your arse hanging out, in a very confined space trying to prevent your door from hitting the car next to you... it's very difficult to prevent a second child from running into the path of oncoming vehicles.

There's no excuse to park in a parent & child space without an accompanying child.

(However, if you do, and you get a ticket you legally don't have to pay it and can tear it up. It's private property and contract law saws they can only penalise you for lost revenue.)
And, technically, they can ban you from the premises and the car park although, granted, they are unlikely to:lol:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts