Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my oil cap unscrewed itself on the way up dutoitskloofpas. Luckily we stopped for a short break and I opened the bonnet up to retard the timing. My engine compartment had thrown up about 500ml of Caltex dino juice over the head and against the underside of the bonnet.
My compatriots ushered me gently to the next garage over one of Cape Town's finest driving roads where it is tremendously hard not to floor it. So a big up to RedGT, IanLusso, Ameer1750 and Chris for their valiant restraint while I was man down! Awesome drive where I got to see three of Italy's finest in action.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
waaaa isie pichas????

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
El you didn't expect us to leave the old lady on the side of the road now did you? :D

Your car pulls nice and hard! Remember to gently bend the oil cap tabs a little tighter. This will prevent the cap from loosening.

Nothing much comes close to a RedGeeTee driven through the twisties in anger unless there's a black GTV lurking around but today alas there was not. This point was proven when we were all coming up Du Toits Kloof and the GT went through 3 corners very quickly, leaving us all behind. By the time we caught up, he had pulled over and was awaiting our arrival with his camera in his hand. Taking pix! :cheese:

I want copies of the vids. They will deffinitely be awesome, especially up Franschoek pass and down the other side!:D

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First thing I did was prepsol the engine and bend the oil cap tabs properly. Strange - I normally have my multi-tool with me, but for some reason forgot it too.
RedGeeTee is really quick around the corners! You two pushed really hard coming down Franschoek!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Guys, sorry I could not join you. Circumstances beyond my control. Ian I got your PM sorry I did not reply. Appreciate the thought.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
No problem Springbok. You'd have enjoyed this one! :thumbs:

I've downloaded the few pix I've but I need to resize them before sending them to photobucket. I'll probably only have some by tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
DO EEET I can't wait to see the pics...and also upload said videos to YouTjoepie and paste the link here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AO Cape Town run 5 Feb 2012

How could we leave big pappa behind, we're not Top Gear presenters.
Thanks El for suggesting the ride in the first place. Never had such fun in my car in a long time. Ok when's the next one ??
Here's just some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Look at the white GQV...I'm regretting my decision!!!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Red, your pics are amazing as always. It's amazing that someone is fast enough around the bends to take out a camera, set up at the right spots and take oncoming pics even though we started at the same place! Much respect , yo. I'd love to see Ian's GTV and your car duke it out.
That 159 was being pushed hard as well - maybe we'll see just how far if there's a video link;) Ameer held back, prolly at the wife's insistence. But to hear that GQV dump, yooohhh! I couldn't believe I had actually heard it when I watched the GQV shoot off into the distance!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I think it should be mandatory for you chaps to do a run every month, as the pics you guys post are just amazing:thumbs:

Really would love to see the video;)

J

·
0 Posts
El, your GTV looks really nice with those original wheels! Stunning car.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Is that GQV tuned???
Coz the standard one don't dump...

**** guys I can't believe that car is so sick..plus my promotion letter came through today...NO NO NO, mods delete those pics!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I like how El's GTV sits...so glad he finally gave in to all me and Frost's nagging about his wheels and took it off lol...

Guys where is the vids, and i agree, you guys are required to have a run every month, geeez we need to step our run game up here in JHB...look at the pic quality!

·
Registered
72 Posts
AO Cape Town run 5 Feb 2012

Thanks El. Regarding Ian's GTV, I don't take public humiliation very well. He'll rape my ass repeatedly and not even have the common decency to close me up afterwards.
The GQV does sound nice, but you should hear a certain 2 litre GTV at full throttle in the mountains, it's jasss !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts