Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... who lifted up the draincover on a dark country road, so that the leading edge stuck up about 3", for me to smash into on my way home from work tonight. My car now has a lovely vague feel. Just as well I wasn't on my bike, I could be on yet another orthopaedic ward as I speak.

May your stinking little chav chin get a good kicking by another of your gormless ilk some time real soon.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Stolen man hole / drain covers are a big thing around the rural parts near us. The Police blame the local travelling community........

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry to hear this mate...hope you get her sorted soon...as for the fecker who lifted it...well...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Stolen man hole / drain covers are a big thing around the rural parts near us. The Police blame the local travelling community........

or any other minority they care to choose ... just glad you weren't on your bike though that would have been bad:eek:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
And no 156Chris i didn't steal it! :tut:
:lol::lol: no of course you didn't ...

.... although I did notice some unusual fleabay activity from you :p

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Seems to happen a lot about here and would hate to drive my car into one. Hope you get it sorted and it's not too serious.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wouldn't wanna pikie anywhere near my man hole!
Or anyone for that matter!
Given that a "man hole cover" is a slang term for a female cricketers box, are you sure you wouldn't like to make a contribution to the Lady Gaga poll Stuie?

:lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think you may have missed the hermaphrodite gag....

Never mind, it was not that funny.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, I think it may not be quite what I thought.

As I say, I replaced the cover after my impact but last time I drove past, the lid had actually fallen down inside the hole. I think the actual metal frame in the road may be damaged, so that when a (heavy) vehicle goes over the drain cover, it flips out of position.

I shall have to phone the Council to get them to investigate - holds breath!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts