Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say thank you to RB and his engineering master skills!

The USB - Serial cable arrived this morning, along with Alfadiag Demo on CD

Set-up was very straight forward and the application is very easy to use.

Concise instructions were included, all for a mere £32 (€38).

It is all set up and ready to go!

However, the fault on my car cleared itself over the weekend.. :lol:

So, I have it for future use and to help out friends!

Cheers Dann :thumbs:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I just want to say thank you to RB and his engineering master skills!

The USB - Serial cable arrived this morning, along with Alfadiag Demo on CD

Set-up was very straight forward and the application is very easy to use.

Concise instructions were included, all for a mere £32 (€38).

It is all set up and ready to go!

However, the fault on my car cleared itself over the weekend.. :lol:

So, I have it for future use and to help out friends!

Cheers Dann :thumbs:
I agree, Rarebear's cables are faultless - had mine for nearly a year. Does eveything it's supposed to and no question is to trivial for Rarebear, his support is excellent.

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
Just to be clear, the ONLY place you can buy Alfadiag is from www.alfadiag.net

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Rarebear-when you see this-can you supply same for a 1.9JTD GT?
Yes, Bosch EDC15C7 and EDC16C8 are covered by ALfadiag 3.3

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
You may be disappointed. I can't connect to my ABS ecu with Alfadiag.
at the moment only Bosch 5.2 ..... but more is coming ! unidiag may do it

·
Registered
953 Posts
The fact you can't connect to your ABS is purely due to that model ecu is not currently supported by Alfadiag, I believe it's in the works though. Fiat ECU thingy does seem to support 147 ABS ecus if nothong else, I have it installed on my notebook but haven't tried it yet.

When Alfadiag supports your ABS ECU your cable from RareBear will work just fine. Rarebears cables will work with whatever the software available can do.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The fact you can't connect to your ABS is purely due to that model ecu is not currently supported by Alfadiag, I believe it's in the works though. Fiat ECU thingy does seem to support 147 ABS ecus if nothong else, I have it installed on my notebook but haven't tried it yet.

When Alfadiag supports your ABS ECU your cable from RareBear will work just fine. Rarebears cables will work with whatever the software available can do.
Why pay for Alfadiag when Fiat ECU scanner does the same job.:confused:
I'm using one of Rarebears cables with Fiat ECU scanner software. I can't read the airbag ECU (they are working on it) but I can read the ABS ECU. I don't have a selespeed so I don't need that facility.
You really should try it.

I've just checked and it appears that Fiat ECU scanner also supports Selespeed ECU's.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Why pay for Alfadiag when Fiat ECU scanner does the same job.:confused:
I'm using one of Rarebears cables with Fiat ECU scanner software. I can't read the airbag ECU (they are working on it) but I can read the ABS ECU. I don't have a selespeed so I don't need that facility.
You really should try it.
Alfadiag can read, clear and perform callibration routines on my 147s engine Ecu, it can read and clear errors on my airbag ecu - and I believe my Abs is next.

This leaves FiatEcu some way behind, I appreciate it's free but for my 147 it's only the Abs it's good for and guess what? I recently had Abs warnings that were related to the brake switch and battery which would not have even been recognised let alone diagnosed by FiatECU!!! Still there will always be someone that will support the underdog even if it is inferior.

Free doesn't always mean better.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funding generally means people can commit more time and money into creating a decent software package, i dont mind paying for something that is gonna tick all the boxes and is designed specifically for my brand of car :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sharpshooter here's the link.
Fiat ECU Scanner - Fiat/Alfa/Lancia ECU Reader

It will do everything chillihound says Alfadiag will do except the airbag ECU(on my 2.4jtd). I use Unidiag for my airbag ECU. If it supports your ECU's then why not use it?

Here's what it currently supports;

- Bosch EDC15 Engine Management ECU
- Bosch EDC15C7 Engine Management ECU
- Bosch EDC16/CF3 Multijet Engine Management
- Magneti Marelli IAW 4AF/4EF/59F/5AF Engine Management
- Magneti Marelli IAW 49F Injection (1.6) (Experimental, Not tested yet)
- Marelli SELESPEED CFC208F Automatic Gearbox
- Marelli SELESPEED CFC209F Automatic Gearbox
- Bosch ABS 5.7 VDC/ASR/TC
- Bosch ABS 8 VDC/ASR
- Lucas EBC 430 ABS
- TRW Electric Power Steering (needs connection to pin 9 of the OBD connector)

I hope it works as well for other AO members.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I downloaded ECU scanner last night, chose my car and it didn't give me the option of connecting to my engine ECU. Am I missing something?
Other than that it looks good - nice and simple. Not connected it to my car yet, however.

I also have Alfadiag, which I like - apart from the connection dropouts when measuring sensors!

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
I downloaded ECU scanner last night, chose my car and it didn't give me the option of connecting to my engine ECU. Am I missing something?
It does not support the Petrol ECUs...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts