Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the GT back yesterday and it's like a new car. So now GT is complete so I was wondering what to have done next, power gains or handling or styling, would like to see people's opinions. This is a list of what's been Done top five by autolusso
Q2 and gear box rebuild
New front end suspension
ARB power flex bushes
Brake pads repaired
New GTA clutch and flywheel
Cambelt and water pump
New pads
Chassis repaired with new struts

Think that's it so any suggestions welcomed:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Dave,

You'll put me right on this one, isn't the 3.2 stock ARB thicker anyway, like more like the Eibach one? Seems to me that for what Andy has just spent and the fact he's had the ARB bushes re done that maybe he doesn't need an uprated bar because they already are thicker.
Not sure about this, but I have defo seen that the 3.2 ARB is different to 1.9 and JTS.

Andy, When you say front suspension re done, what was re done? I'vve been thinking about getting the 'wagon's suspension re done, all sounds a bit jingly at low speed, esp with no power on.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Dave,

You'll put me right on this one, isn't the 3.2 stock ARB thicker anyway, like more like the Eibach one? Seems to me that for what Andy has just spent and the fact he's had the ARB bushes re done that maybe he doesn't need an uprated bar because they already are thicker.
Not sure about this, but I have defo seen that the 3.2 ARB is different to 1.9 and JTS.

Andy, When you say front suspension re done, what was re done? I'vve been thinking about getting the 'wagon's suspension re done, all sounds a bit jingly at low speed, esp with no power on.
stock 3.2 is thicker than 1.9 etc but not as thick as eibach

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I had lower arms , upper arms replaced, arb links. Made a huge difference I had all kinds of creaks and knocks, now I have no noise it's brilliant, all parts are genuine as well. I'm a very happy Alfa owner now, all the repairs have taken a long time to do and now she is nearly back to her brand new self.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Sounds great, brilliant thing to be able to do to your car, must've cost you a fair bit, but if it makes your GT feel like new, it's worth every penny. Do you feel the difference from your Q2? Should be picking mine up at some point this week with its cambelts done and Q2 fitted.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think including the cost of buying the car and all repair work, some was a waste of money as some monkeys done work on it before I found autolusso, has come to £7000 approx but it's a 55 plate with 35k on the clock. There is a big roundabout where I live, before the Q2 I would go round at speed and it would find it hard to grip and would loose control a little but now it grips like s**t and I get no torque steer when I blitz off from 1st gear or 2nd, and also I'm now not paranoid about the diff blowing a hole in my gear box. Sounds like your having some good work done to alcooker, how you finding your GT?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
eibach anti roll bar is the best £ for £ improvement you can have
I agree, the difference it made to my 20v SW was amazing, it was the icing on the cake after going down the Eibach Prokit / FSD route; expensive Yes, but well worth it.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I think including the cost of buying the car and all repair work, some was a waste of money as some monkeys done work on it before I found autolusso, has come to £7000 approx but it's a 55 plate with 35k on the clock. There is a big roundabout where I live, before the Q2 I would go round at speed and it would find it hard to grip and would loose control a little but now it grips like s**t and I get no torque steer when I blitz off from 1st gear or 2nd, and also I'm now not paranoid about the diff blowing a hole in my gear box. Sounds like your having some good work done to alcooker, how you finding your GT?

I love my GT, I've never pushed it really, really hard around or through roundabouts purely because I was worried about losing grip and ending up in the central reservation. When I tested Jamie Porter's Q2 147 GTA the other week, I was impressed enough to get the Q2, I was also getting majorly paranoid about the standard diff breaking. I'm running FSD's with Eibach pro kit springs and a Momo strut brace, it's re mapped to about 275-280 bhp, I've nothing to realistically compare it against apart from the 147 GTA from the other week. Both cars are awesome, mine has no body roll whatsover but you pay for that set up with the 18"s, it's incredibly quick aswell. The GTA in stock suspension felt great, a bit more go karty, but that might have been pyscological because it's a smaller looking car. Next upgrade I'm on for is a set of Michellin Pilot sport 2 or 3, was going to do it before driving it with the Q2, but I think I'll 'test' the Q2 by running off the P Zero's.

I've thought about the Q2 for a while, but thought it was a bit pricey, recently though I've realised that car parts are actually reasonably priced for the amount of raw material, machining and tech you get. My mountain bike wheels were £650, got Q2 supplied and fitted for less than that!

You've a top car there for 7k:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good what you have done, so you got your car up to 275bhp? So re map on a v6 is ok then, no problems that it could effect the engine in a bad way? Do you recommend the eibach pro kit then compared to my standard GT v6 set up? I have no regrets getting a Q2 and the ger box is so smooth now, just wish I found autolusso sooner. I was going to sell the car but there is no point, it's nearly complete and being a registered cat D repaired I doubt I would get my money back any how, also Im in love with it now :p

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The previous owner got it remapped at Red Dot racing, there were other reasons for it being done than just out and out power, like less stress on the diff. I don't know about all that stuff, I just know it's really quick. One of my Brothers has a GTV V6, he couldn't get over how quick mine was.

I think if I was doing the suspension again, I'd get some springs that lowered no more than 20mm and maybe some Bilsteins B6, just to try them. From driving that GTA with stock suspension and it being so good and fairly comfortable, I'd maybe just try the Eibach ARB before you go changing all the shocks. GT's do look nice a bit lower though.

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
Eibach ARBs, Ferrari 360 throttlebody*, cat-back stainless steel exhaust. That will finish it off nicely

*we've had a lovely CNC adapter designed to make it work without having to modify the plenum.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Eibach ARBs, Ferrari 360 throttlebody*, cat-back stainless steel exhaust. That will finish it off nicely

*we've had a lovely CNC adapter designed to make it work without having to modify the plenum.
You've gotta get all that done Andy, I don't know what it does but it sounds like it'll be awesome. Ferrari throttle bodies!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts