Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to Turbonutters, Henniev and Corrie for all the help and advice regarding my FPR conversion. It is finally finished and everything is in order and seems to be very well!!

next step is to connect the vacuum pipe to FPR,
wait for the new MAF to arrive and then it is off to the Dyno for a decent proper dyno tune and new map for the gotech!!!!

Then it is beware to the GTI owners here in the Klein Karroo!!!!!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
What's your compression like, and are you running on standard cams?

GTi owners will crap themselves if this late 90's Alfa comes along and rips them another hole! :thumbs:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's your compression like, and are you running on standard cams?

GTi owners will crap themselves if this late 90's Alfa comes along and rips them another hole! :thumbs:
I think Henniev told me that the compression is on 9.0:1 if I remember clearly.
Cams I am not sure about the cams. Maybe he can tell?

Speaking of cams. If the cams are worked a bit, will the camlocks have to be changed to suit the cams when doing a timingbelt change?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
We found that it works perfectly with it connected.
In the beginning we always disconnected them and even made the variators solid but later on we found that it works perfectly with it on.
If you wan to play around you can retard the inlet a bit especially helpful on low cr TS motors.
With the Gotech driving the additional injectors you can always use it to trigger the variator as well in which case you can retard the cam at certain boost levels if you want. This will be nice to play with on a dyno to establish what work’s best at certain boost levels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts