Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Why not put a cherry on the cake and give our ship building industry a kick in the bo77ocks and have it built abroad :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£60m - you reckon......................???? Double that? Maintenance? Reckon on 10% of the build cost per year?

K

·
0 Posts
That would cheer me up no end. The country is being run by a bunch of ****ing idiots. The nation is on its knees financially, we've got job losses, pay cuts, pension cuts etc etc and we're all going to fork out a quid to buy Liz and Phil the greek a new boat? Do me a favour!

P

·
0 Posts
The initial cost of building would be the tip of the iceberg. The cost of maintaining something that large that probably would get little use, sitting in the water would be astronomical. Unless of course it's built to these specs. :)
===========

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
i hear there's a second hand italian one going cheap. might need to get a quote off chem-dry first though
Needs a spot of welding I've heard. I have an arc welder in the garage and an old fridge to make patches from. If you all want to chip in for some rods and a big tin of hammerite it's as good as sorted.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'd actually fully support this as I hated the fact that the Royal Yacht got sidelined in the first place:(

1 - 20 of 93 Posts