Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....who helped me out with my window regulator problems!!!! You guys are just superb:inlove:. And for those with similar problems: I have 2001 model with auto-drop mechanism and new(used) reg is from non-drop car (1998 if I remember right...) and now it also drops:lol:. Havent got a glue how the garage guy made that happens but all the same, works perfectly now:thumbs:.
Drive safely and merry Christmas time!!!!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Havent got a glue how the garage guy made that happens but all the same, works perfectly now:thumbs:.
Drive safely and merry Christmas time!!!!
He probably swapped the necessary parts over. Either the 'new' motor to your old regulator or the autodrop bits ( it's only a microswitch & bracket and a simple bit of metal that presses on the microswitch ) over to the 'new' regulator.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
can you retro fit the auto drop to a phase 1 gtv ?
tsbg12489 has done it but not by using the factory method.

As to the factory method, from my investigations so far, there are inconsistencies between the late phase 1 N82 ( Integrated Services Unit ) and the N82 with autodrop enabled. If you have an early phase 1 ( they don't have an N82 at all ), you're looking at a huge amount of work which would involve first retro fitting an N82 and junking the early phase 1 window controller ( N38 ).

·
Registered
37 Posts
This all sounds superb news, glad you got it all sorted :)

I also have a 2001 model, and my passenger window is having problems, I think the motor is fine as you can hear it okay, either one of the cogs is worn, or the window has come off of the scissor.

My mate and I have had his phase I door card off as he sorted out his tweeter, but mine is more involved, and not 100% confident too peel back the sound proofing and investigate further lol :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts