Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question; anyone got any experience of buying a car from Thames Alfa in Slough, positive or negative?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
All good for me when I got my Giulietta from them. Was always kept up to date and car delivered when it suited me.

No complaints with WLMG in Reading who do the servicing too.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I bought my Giulia from them last year. They were absolutely spot on, no problems whatsoever. The salesman who I dealt with is called Vince, if you want I can DM you his contact details, he is a true Alfisti and from the Modena region of Italy, his knowledge of Italian cars, especially Alfa was impressive. Can’t recommend him highly enough. We spent the test drive talking about Sergio Marchionne and Alfa Rome’s history, it made a refreshing change from a salesmen with absolutely no clue about a car brand he’s trying to sell.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, very encouraging. Waiting to hear if they can match the deal I’ve been offered by Beechdale as they’re a lot closer to home!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Cheers guys, very encouraging. Waiting to hear if they can match the deal I’ve been offered by Beechdale as they’re a lot closer to home!
I was in a similar situation, I had received an acceptable quote from Beechedale, I was only working nearby to Thames when I decided to call in by chance to see a Veloce up close, after being convinced to a test drive and a good chat about a deal I agreed with Thames, probably mainly due to the sales guy. Good luck with the purchase whichever way it works out. 👍

For what it’s worth, I think the biggest decision is to be made after purchase when servicing is due. I travel further than my nearest Alfa dealer just because I won’t trust them with the car. I try take it back to Thames when I’m working nearby.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is making you choose the my19 version rather then wait for my20 if may ask?
Although not confirmed, the MY20 Veloce is anticipated to be priced closer to the MY19 Veloce Ti with a new Sprint trim coming in at sub-£40k - but it will only be available with the 200hp petrol engine.

Notwithstanding this, there are some amazing discounts around on the MY19 to clear stock ahead of the MY20 which is my main motivation.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've bought cars from their Slough and Tunbridge Wells sites. All the salesmen have been spot on and servicing has been fine too. Not pushy and have a passion for the brand. They will also match any deal out there so I've had no need to go elsewhere!

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts