Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we are now into Autumn, just thought I'd mention I have a pair of 'Tex-Chain' Snow Sox available that will fit both 18 and 19" wheels if we have any snow later in the year! As I no longer have a 159 they are surplus to requirements.

They've been used once for about 100 yards..TBH worth carrying in the back of the car as an insurance and pretty easy to fit.

To go FOC to the first person who contacts me and will pay the postage, which will be around a £5 I guess. Come packed in a special bag along with full instructions.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,393 Posts
A friend used some of those in the Alps a few winters ago. Shredded within a few hundred yards.
Don't know if it was just bad luck from a dodgy batch, but he's vowed never to use them again and will put up with the hassle of using chains.
Probably okay for the light dustings we get in Blighty!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have never seen snow chains on a car in any city in the snow. Can't remember any snow since 2010 in Manchester that has stuck.

Get a Q4 turn the VDC off And the ASR should imagine that's all you'll need in the UK

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,393 Posts
Don't get much in Preston either. Maybe Somerset has its own micro climate.
Or maybe the south in general just gets freak winter weather judging by the number of southerners that fit winter tyres.
No problem oop north, we just get on with it.

By the way Clay, that was a massive dump of snow in 2010. I was over in Stockport on the Friday night for a Christmas party when the north west got more snow than the Alps! Drove back on Saturday morning with the M61 down to single lanes and many roads closed. No problem in the Spider though, just went a tad slower and no traffic about to block my way, all good fun!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
They don't call us the Northern Powerhouse for nothing lussoman. The only problem is you face people whom seem to have no driving experience at all it's bad enough driving in Manchester as it is people just don't seem to know how to drive these days.

The worst of the bunch are the people who either can't tell the time or can't read, because when they see a bus lane they just cut you up as oppose to automatically know when you can or can't use the bus lane, or better still just read the FRIGGIN sign.

That's why I'd rather take the bus to town. It's far from driving heaven

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,393 Posts
Yep, plenty of those loons about cutting you up. One road in particular in Preston with a bus lane as you describe.
Complete morons some folk.
I still won't get a bus though, but then again I don't live in Manchester. I used to park on the old Boddies brewery site car park which was good for the arena and city centre. I get the train if alcohol's involved, and if I lived in the suburbs would do the same, though I guess that's a rip-off these days.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Oh, it's a right ****hole around that part of Manchester (cheethamhill) near the arena. In fact the whole of Manchester is a toilet bowl, littered with rubbish, nearly every corner smells of urine and beggars sat on every corner of the northern quarter beggin for money so they can buy class A drugs. Why the city of Manchester gets so many tourist from all over the globe I really don't know

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,393 Posts
Probably the football brings a lot in, and you even nicked the football museum from Preston!
It seems the rest of the world support Utd, with Mancunians supporting City.
Can't stand either myself, all money, money, money. Vulgar, and killed the game for me.

I think most big towns and cities are the same for scum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts