Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fault diagnosis procedure using the accelerator is supposed to be done using a test bulb, connected between the ignition and pin 8 on the motronic control unit, according to the manual.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the injector light flashed out the code when I did it without the test bulb?

Is it the same thing, which would mean the manual is wrong?

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
according to my diagram, its pin 8 of S11(ecu).
This pin leads to the said light on dashboard of post Alfa code cars.For the likes of myself (pre code) we have to stick our own indicator light on. :(
Hope this helps?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, you changed it from fuel pump relay to motronic!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Chris

Not sure what you mean by pre and post code diagrams, the page in my manual is dated 11/93 so guess its pre???

So, you reckon the injector light is correct and can be used intead of the bulb.

cheers

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my diagrams are dated 12/94.....Its got the wiring diagrams for the V6 version WITHOUT the Alfa Romeo code, and the V6 version with the Alfa Romeo code. I think all the wideboys have the code.
Have you got section 29A of the manual?
This chapter tells you all about the "code".

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the 29A but it just talks about the anti-theft device and re-programming the keys. Guess I'm being particularly dim today, electrics are not my thing!!

I'm gonna presume that as I've got the code the injector light flashing is representing the fault logged. (In which case why is it still registering Lambda when I've had a new one fitted :mad: )

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
????Dunno????
Can read wiring diagrams, easy....
but minds? wink

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the system need resetting after curing the fault?
Just a thought....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked the very same question in the previous postings re injector light, after having it replaced but no one replied. The ECU has to be disconnected for about 15mins to reset it, but someone on here lost the key memory after doing this so I'm a little reluctant to do it if there is another way.

God, this is going on a bit........

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can you not reset the key code?
Something to do with the rear passenger compartment interior light....(maybe, possibly???)
Us simpler folk, with our simpler cars wouldn`t know..... wink wink

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Theres also the immobilisor that can be forgotten, its all hassle!!

Thanx for the piccies wink

wrinx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts