Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to one of the larger dealers in Milan and went out in the only Giulia Super 2.2 150bhp they had available for test driving.

What a great car, fabulous handling, lovely interior, very refined, feels smaller and more agile than my 159. I got the impression that it feels like a much easier car to drive than the 159, probably a mix of lighter weight and better overall dynamics.

This car is definitely going to be a hit, it's a better overall drive experience than the German equivalent.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,535 Posts
Lovely :)

i think we have a spiritual successor to the Alfetta, here. A cheerful car, brimming with brio, happy in its work and highly competent.

Reactions: sotbak

·
Registered
317 Posts
All they need to do now is sort out that front end styling and jobs a good un
What they really need is to cure the problem of a patchy and sparse dealer network and arrange some competitive finance deals ................. oh yes and make RHD cars available before the next round of "new and improved" German models hit the market.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Nothing wrong with the front end. I agree about the dealer network very much, and that is a much bigger job than designing, building a fabulous car. I think Alfa especially in the UK need to use Maserati standard of dealers, using Arnold Clark etc is not good enough, they need to match Jaguar and BMW standard of dealership experience.

·
Registered
127 Posts
what they really need is to cure the problem of a patchy and sparse dealer network and arrange some competitive finance deals ................. Oh yes and make rhd cars available before the next round of "new and improved" german models hit the market.
+1

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Agreed , the front end is just fine...... nothing wrong with it in my eyes

yeah the dealer network is the problem + also attitude

Some of you may not have seen the thread from around 18 months ago when I walked into Meridian Milano in Bournemouth to look at a Giulietta GQV and the salesman refused me a test drive unless I bought the car first. Never sat foot in an Alfa dealer since.

Complained to Alfa and they said they would bring the car to me but by that time I had already bought one elsewhere.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a bad experience with BMW recently. A string of broken promises led me to rejecting the car and getting my money back. i'll never set foot in a BMW dealership again.

I think its a dealer thing. Once they've got your money they couldn't care less. They're more interested in selling gap insurance and Supa Guard than giving decent after sales service

I'd be really interested in the Gulia if they release a Sport Wagon. Hopefully the dealers won't disappoint.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yeah that's a good point, my son has just bought a new clio with his girlfriend and that's what they were really pushing, the supaguard and gap insurance.

In my experience and talking to others there are many dealers that once they got the sale, they turn from your best friend to acting like your the dirt on their shoe

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,779 Posts
In my experience and talking to others there are many dealers that once they got the sale, they turn from your best friend to acting like your the dirt on their shoe
It's not a good idea for a sales person to get involved in thinking about the customer beyond helping them live the dream. Too much reality and they'll talk them out of it! They hand you over to the after sales people so they can concentrate on what they do. I had an interesting test drive of a Giulietta at a dealers yesterday with a "trained professional driver" instead of their salesman. Helped me realise I don't want a diesel but I do want a TCT. And he gave me a baseball cap!

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I'm liking the sound of this car the more I read. :)

·
Registered
36,779 Posts
Well, as I wrote before , my friend who was at the Ballocco press event got a good vibe from the press about the car. Dynamics well sorted, a few preproduction niggles but generally a very nice car. Harald Wester was very frank about the last chance status of it and got a new job shortly after.

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
Well, as I wrote before , my friend who was at the Ballocco press event got a good vibe from the press about the car. Dynamics well sorted, a few preproduction niggles but generally a very nice car. Harald Wester was very frank about the last chance status of it and got a new job shortly after.
could have had something to do with the infotainment units and some sensor problems that were reported on the press day ?

Sergio " we ready to go Harald?'
Harald "Yes boss"

next day...
Sergio "Harald, i want to see you in my office"

·
Registered
36,779 Posts
It was probably more to do with the candid last hope references. Everybody expects a bit of preproduction stuff but his new job is MORE connected with tech which is what he didn't deliver. They need an American who can schmooz better than him,ready for the US launch, I'd expect.

·
Registered
36,779 Posts
An Italian colleague who was back home last weekend described the Giulia he saw in a Turin showroom as having a good stance but impression of the quality of a city car. That's in the bodywork and the interior materials and fit/finish.

·
Registered
431 Posts
An Italian colleague who was back home last weekend described the Giulia he saw in a Turin showroom as having a good stance but impression of the quality of a city car. That's in the bodywork and the interior materials and fit/finish.
The Giulia QV I sat in in a a launch event in the Netherlands, just looked really well put together, nice even panel gaps, straight stitching on the seats and interior just looked perfect unlike the G, and the stance just perfect, the vehicle just has a physical presence which is very hard to describe how good it looks in the real world as opposed to internet photos...

However QV's are always going to be treated better, so I'll reserve my judgement until I see the base model cars which are due at my local dealer next week, test drive already booked. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
How exactly are the bodywork, interior and fit/finish disappointing to your colleague? The cars displayed in Geneva all had minor problems with the interior - A-pillar clothing wasn't fitted properly and the climate controller wasn't mounted properly. I thought it was a bit strange to display cars with these problems, because it would be easy to address these small finish problems before showing them to the public. But I assumed it was just because it was "before production models", and that these small problems would be sorted before the Giulia went for sale?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts