Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, yesterday we test drove a QV and I was blown away by it :happy:, got back to the garage and put my order in for a new Veloce(AKA QV)

They let me and my wife out by ourselves on the test drive, he said to try the power so I certainly did, the sound is fantastic and the delivery of speed is ace, I'm in love with the car. Everything felt right to me, apart from the wife in the passenger seat telling me to slow down, lol, but I had to 'try before I buy'.

Anyway, gone for Alfa Red with black 5 hole wheels, 3 weeks to delivery. :thumbup:

It was probably the nicest car garage I have visited, no pushy people, very easy to talk to, plenty of room to park.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi all, yesterday we test drove a QV and I was blown away by it :happy:, got back to the garage and put my order in for a new Veloce(AKA QV)

They let me and my wife out by ourselves on the test drive, he said to try the power so I certainly did, the sound is fantastic and the delivery of speed is ace, I'm in love with the car. Everything felt right to me, apart from the wife in the passenger seat telling me to slow down, lol, but I had to 'try before I buy'.

Anyway, gone for Alfa Red with black 5 hole wheels, 3 weeks to delivery. :thumbup:

It was probably the nicest car garage I have visited, no pushy people, very easy to talk to, plenty of room to park.
Congratulations, excellent choice! The QV is a fantastic car and it gets much better than during the test drive. The TCT software will learn your driving style and the motor needs about 6 000 miles to loosen up properly. If you like it now you'll love it in a few months, that 1750 motor packs a proper punch. Just make sure you always have the right oil in it and if you can give it an oil and filter change between services. Then you are highly unlikely to have any sort of problems. Post some pictures when you get it!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations, excellent choice! The QV is a fantastic car and it gets much better than during the test drive. The TCT software will learn your driving style and the motor needs about 6 000 miles to loosen up properly. If you like it now you'll love it in a few months, that 1750 motor packs a proper punch. Just make sure you always have the right oil in it and if you can give it an oil and filter change between services. Then you are highly unlikely to have any sort of problems. Post some pictures when you get it!
Thanks, it is a beautiful car IMHO. Do you have to take it easy 'till the engine is 'bedded in' ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks, it is a beautiful car IMHO. Do you have to take it easy 'till the engine is 'bedded in' ?
Not really, these days they can manufacture to tight enough tolerances so that "running in" is no longer required.

Just drive normally, let it get nice and warm, don't thrash it as such or let the engine labour (Although with TCT it takes care of itself) and you'll be fine

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wel done that Man just in time for Summer , enjoy.:thumbup:
Thanks, the new Veloce is pretty much high spec, all I did was add the dark five circle alloys, only cost £208 extra. I was contemplating the centre arm rest but when out driving it I didn't really notice it wasn't there. Sunroofs were just too much for me. I think these new ones come with paddle shifters as standard too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought the same spec from the sounds of it. Told it's not due to be be complete until week 22 then another month until it gets to me...a but frustrating. Hoping to have it by the end of June. What garage did you buy it from?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought the same spec from the sounds of it. Told it's not due to be be complete until week 22 then another month until it gets to me...a but frustrating. Hoping to have it by the end of June. What garage did you buy it from?
Mine is through Beechdales, yours is not far behind mine, just a couple weeks more. Which garage did you use?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Beechdales too for me. Was told 15th June but it got put back a few weeks. Think they have done a good bit of business out of this deal over the last month!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beechdales too for me. Was told 15th June but it got put back a few weeks. Think they have done a good bit of business out of this deal over the last month!
If we have chosen similar spec/colour cars then I suppose mine will be delayed too. Oh well, worth waiting for. How did you buy yours? I got mine on a PCP deal.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congratulation all 3 of you, sounds like Beechdales had a good month selling 3 QV's.
After you've run them in, you'll need to pop over to Germany and see how fast you can go..

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I get the chance I would love to get out to Germany with the new motor on my way to Italy :)
PCP for me..used my 159 SW as part exchange. May have undersold the 159 in the negotiation though :-(

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I get the chance I would love to get out to Germany with the new motor on my way to Italy :)
PCP for me..used my 159 SW as part exchange. May have undersold the 159 in the negotiation though :-(
Don't worry too much about the px, life is too short. Hey, did you test drive the white demo one? We got lost around Derby but eventually got back on the dual carriageway. At one point I went down a quiet lane then saw the police HQ there so took it steady, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another QV purchased from Beechdales here!

We went for one already on the build order, picking it up this Saturday. Its been a long 5 weeks since the order went in!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Didn't even test drive it as I live in Sussex. Tried carwow to get a good price but was getting some silly prices with garages making out they were giving a discount but they were just passing on the deposit contribution. Beechdales and another Alfa further north were offering a similar deal so I just ordered it over the phone and pinged emails back and forth.
I did strong arm my godmother into getting a launch edition when they came out as she wanted an auto (she is 61 with a hip problem and always had Alfa's) managed to get that for 25k from Allan's in Epsom and it should have been 31k so I knew the sort of price I could get it for. I have ragged her gqv around a lot over the past 18 odd months so knew I would be happy with the veloce.
Just had to have those 5 hole dark wheels though as she has them and they are awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on her (the car!) ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
So does that bring us up to 4 G veloce from beechdales? They must be laughing all the way to the bank! Lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So does that bring us up to 4 G veloce from beechdales? They must be laughing all the way to the bank! Lol

That's just it though, they don't have to sell the Veloce to us, we just WANT ONE!! Although they were pretty good on price ....once again thro carwow.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts