Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been out in one and what did you think?

I was taken out in one today. I think it was a model S100D, as it is the fastest one they do.

It was supposedly 800bhp, and 4wd

What was it like? I am not easy to scare in a car but it was terrifyingly fast. The way they thing just hooked up and catapulted down the road was something else...

If that is the future of electric cars it won't be so bad.

:D

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,010 Posts
I went in one earlier this year, sir. Here you go: :)

Reactions: symon

·
Registered
187 Posts
the future of electric cars it won't be so bad.
warp speed down a rickety road with speed limits killing pedestrians, slamming into stationary fire trucks and crashing into safety barriers killing its occupants is not the sort of future i want to leave behind for Keith Richards

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
warp speed down a rickety road with speed limits killing pedestrians, slamming into stationary fire trucks and crashing into safety barriers killing its occupants is not the sort of future i want to leave behind for Keith Richards

But they are self driving, so should be harder to crash. ;)

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Has anyone else been out in one and what did you think?
Pretty sure we've had a thread about this. I have a friend with a Tesla, which I've ridden in. She loves the car, everything about it seemed good to me. Haven't driven it, though. One great thing is: it's 50% quieter. There are plans to mandate synthetic sounds for in-town safety, but it'll transform main road background noise.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Too much Mercedes Switch gear for me personally.

Even Nissan Leafs, and BMW i3's are quite quick off the mark. I think I heard someone test out their Tesla one night down my street. All I heard was that electric sort of whine, and that noise of gripping tyres and a rush of air.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I test drove a Model S a few years back when they came to Dundee with a couple of models. It was nice, comfortable, unnecessarily fast. I liked the way it made a noise a bit like the Starship Enterprise going into warp drive when you floored the throttle. I didn't like the cheap fit and finish for what was then an £80k car, now even more expensive. They have a bit of a reliability problem too, apparently. Nothing to do with being electric, but because they ramped up production so quickly and did quality testing on their customers. Apparently the new ones made in the new Chinese factory are streets ahead of the US built ones in terms of quality, which says something. I'm a big fan of electric cars, and think they're most definitely the future. Tesla deserves credit for kicking the industry up the a*se, but I don't think I'd rush to buy one of their cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts