Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Is this the one that makes it alright?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
It looks too weird to be cool. I'm reminded of an episode of the Twilight Zone where a boy has the power to take away people's mouths.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
You can now put your £1000 down to get on the waiting list for one of these. It may be available the mid to late 2018. I find the concept of giving you money up nearly two years early for something you have not only never driven but not actually seen. They also only give you a price in USD. Whether that is what it will cost on the US or whether that is the estimated price here in the UK?

I guess Ferrari and like do it too (I wouldn't with them either) but they are at least a bit exotic.
It is currently the only milk float I'd consider but not on these terms.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/model3

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
Cool? Highly likely. My neighbour has been driving loan cars for a couple of months now instead of his Tesla X because the heating failed. It must be a common problem judging by the time he's been waiting and the fact tha one of the loan cars was a Mercedes ML because they didn't have enough Teslas to lend him one.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,848 Posts
have a hunch that, symbolically, it'll be a new-age Toyota Prius for the Islington set.

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
I have a hunch that the ICE inertia against EVs will look very silly in a few years. Gears? Torque curves? Emissions? Noise? Who needs 'em?

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
Uncool, but I have no bias against electric vehicles.
This.

I voted uncool just in case the "Designer" happens to be reading this and wondering why he got the sack, it's because he designed the front during a powercut in a windowless room.

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
I hear the latest exterior designer hire was from Mazda. So, he did a Mazda and he's used to doing a grille at the front so they just left it blank.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Is there a confirmed date yet when you can actually buy one?
As I'd subscribed as interested in 2017, late last year (mid December) I received an email inviting me to view one. Already got bored waiting and bought something else.

tesla said:
Join us at selected Tesla locations across the UK to meet Model 3 on display.

Be among the first to sit inside Model 3 and experience the expansive glass roof, premium interior and 15-inch touchscreen display.

Check out our regularly updated Model 3 display locations below.

Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 197 Horton Road West Drayton UB7 8JD United Kingdom
Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

Email sent me here - https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/events/Meet-Model3-GB?redirect=no&utm_source=communication&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=M3RetailNonResHolders&utm_term={locale:en_GB;LLC:all;bizUnit:vehicles;SendDate:2018-12-10}&utm_content=invitation&smc_id=31712182

Probably have to sign up.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Airfix kits

A few months back before Muskrat put his tent up there were stories of bumpers falling off in the rain.
I suspect it was water soluble glue they used :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
The neighbour finally got his ModelX back with its falkin' doors after a two month warranty visit to the Tesla centre , its heater fixed. I suspect the company lacks the experience needed to make cars. When you see the people online complaining how it's impossible to wrap a Velar because of the doorhandles design I'm amazed they get away with all this in the states.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts