Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Is this the one that makes it alright?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Model 3 "combines real world range, performance, safety and spaciousness into a premium sedan that only Tesla can build. Our most affordable car yet, Model 3 achieves 215 miles of range per charge while starting at only $35,000 before incentives. Model 3 is designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category."

5 seater, 0-60 in under 6 secs, autopilot

Put your £1k deposit down today.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Seriously uncool due due to the stupid mangling of decent language.

215 miles of range. WT and indeed F.

·
Administrator
45,649 Posts
Having recognised that the form of technology meant that no grille was required, could they not think of a more interested design plan than just "let's make one with a grille, then replace it with a piece of blank bodywork"?

They could have done absolutely anything with that space. It just looks awkward.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I actually quite like it. I like the idea of owning one, not sure I ever would but it looks OK for an affordable electric car, has a decent range.

However I read the other day the Elon Musk is only knitting on one needle. He believes we are all living in a Matrix. If that's the case then he has not really designed the (to date) ultimate electric car.

The car whether real or not is absolutely not cool unless you're a leaf wearing ecomentalist.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
It looks like one of those cars that has been designed specifically to be in a piece of boring instructional motoring literature, where they couldn't afford the rights to a branded car, so created their own mock-up.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
It's all well and good but looks horrible. Uncool.

+"Affordable" full size EV saloon.
- It doesn't really exist yet as a production car. I think it's a scam tbh.

Reactions: MalcQV

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I find it looks pretty good and the grille area will look more natural with a number plate screwed to it. 215 miles is a bit disappointing. Still, it would suffice for 99% of our journeys. Musk is one of the world's few visionaries and, if only for that, I think it just scrapes into cool.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I find it looks pretty good and the grille area will look more natural with a number plate screwed to it. 215 miles is a bit disappointing. Still, it would suffice for 99% of our journeys. Musk is one of the world's few visionaries and, if only for that, I think it just scrapes into cool.
I agree with all that except the cool bit. It's not cool at all unless you're a fig leaf wearing hippy.

I do however fancy one! (The car not the hippy).

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Reactions: steveisfrowning

·
Registered
11,525 Posts
The less fresh air is in somebody else's back yard then?
Well, if it's not directly up my hooter that is cool. :yes:
If the juice comes from fossil fuel that's not ideal, but the filthy exhaust might at least avoid harming mamal lungs on it's way to the stratosphere.

Teslas are at least ready to be part of the solution when/as we generate electricity increasingly (hopefully) from renewables.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts