Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed Tesco now do Flat Wiper Blades on a bogoff, I think £8 for the pair for a 147. Made in China, anyone tried them? I guess :confused: if they are rubbish you can get your money back?

R

·
0 Posts
Noticed these a couple of days ago it would be interesting to know how good they are at that price

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Saw them myself last night and was going to do a similar post. Might be worth posting on the existing Flat blade thread where the debate so far is centred on Valeo vs Bosch.

Think I might try them myself tonight as, worst case, the experiment will cost less than the cost of a single standard blade!

Did think the connector block looks fairly chunky though. I think the other brands have a better design for this plastic block.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
At £10.50 a blade, better off buying the branded ones from Wiperblades.co.uk

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Not sure how you work that out!:confused:

The Bosch set for a 147 is £26.25 before delivery. Even if you opt for the 'Trupart' flat blades they are still £8.54 and £6.74 before delivery and a total of £17.88 incl P+P.

That's a tenner more than the Tescos option and you still don't get Bosch or Valeo parts!

The Tesco blades are buy one get one free for £8, regardless of size.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

·
Administrator
45,771 Posts
Having seem those pics, I have to agree. One of the big criteria for buying the car I have is it's fantastic looks. There's no way I'd fit something which looks like that to it.
The attachment block is chuffing huge! And it's weirdly squared off too. It's like there are shoe boxes attached to the wipers.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Having seem those pics, I have to agree. One of the big criteria for buying the car I have is it's fantastic looks. There's no way I'd fit something which looks like that to it.
The attachment block is chuffing huge! And it's weirdly squared off too. It's like there are shoe boxes attached to the wipers.
I see what your getting at now, but to be fair for £8 if they perform as well as the Bosch jobbies...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, but if I can use the mounting blocks off my current squeeky ebay flat blades then they may look OK. Granted the Tesco mount looks absolutely awful, must be why I did not get them last night( it was 10.45pm)!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
If your worried about looks get the Bosch, it's a very nicely designed attachment system. But you pay for it, best price I could find was a while back from someone on ebay for about £30 for a set, mind you that was just after they came out so price might have settled now.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
It's what stopped me getting them last night too although I wasn't quite sure of the passenger side size either!

·
0 Posts
My experience of Tesco is that they offer cheap and it's cheap because it's rubbish.
Knowing what they like to pay for things means that the wipers will be around £2 at cost and £2 does not buy quality.
A friend bought a pair and promptly threw them away after a week, didn't wipe properly and juddered. He's back with Bosch and all is well.

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
I think they are also LHD not RHD.

The difference is the direction of the slope on the upper surface.
So the spoiler effect on the blades will not happen at speed, they may even start lifting off of the screen.

·
Administrator
45,771 Posts
I see what your getting at now, but to be fair for £8 if they perform as well as the Bosch jobbies...
I could have got a car which performed as well as my GTA for £5k or less... :D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i'll do it again, talk about my old rover!
i stuck some wipers from poundland on it when i sold it!
and they were ace! honestly!

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I think they are also LHD not RHD.

The difference is the direction of the slope on the upper surface.
So the spoiler effect on the blades will not happen at speed, they may even start lifting off of the screen.
Yep. I've noticed that too. In which case they are selling unsuitable goods because there is nothing on the pack to state LH or RD drive fit!

Anyway, inspite of it all, I've had a go. When fitted they don't look any worse than the other options so it's going to come down to whether they function OK or not.

I spent £750 on service, shocks, upper arms, plugs............last week and can't be arsed to spend £25+ at the moment. If they don't work then the old Bosch blades are still in good condition - they just don't clear the screen very well.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I bought bosch, they judder and streak in just the exact wrong spot. Dissapointed and unsure what to get next.

·
Registered
30,104 Posts
I bought Bosch, they judder and streak in just the exact wrong spot. Disappointed and unsure what to get next.
No problems with my Bosch AeroTwins.
The Valeo equivalent were almost as good.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
traditional blades work perfectly and last for ages and cost less, plus they look better. so i have to wonder, what is the point of the new style flat blades?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts