Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftynoon Mito friends,

Whilst i am a petrol snob and have been using Shell V-Power for months now, i filled up with Tesco Momentum 99 yesterday (mainly due to nowhere near a Shell at the time)

I now can't help feeling that the Tesco 99 pulls a lot faster than the V-Power in the 155TB.

Anyone else thought this? :confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I notice the difference between standard and V-power, can't say I've noticed any difference between v-power and momentum 99. (I only fill up at Tesco when I have money off petrol vouchers)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I must admit I notice no difference in the rare occaisions that I use tesco instead of Shell. Only notice when I use the 'cheap' stuff :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
im very lucky my local shell is near a supermarket, so its normally the same price or better, on the very rare occacions i put cheap petrol in any of my cars they run like a bag of crap!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I haven't used Tesco fuel for a while whats the average cost f the 99 ron one? I am paying about £1.389 for V power at garageat bottom of my road so abouot £62 for 45 litres ish

·
Registered
174 Posts
I haven't used Tesco fuel for a while whats the average cost f the 99 ron one? I am paying about £1.389 for V power at garageat bottom of my road so abouot £62 for 45 litres ish
£1.329 for Momentum 99 @ Tesco in York.... plus clubcard points.....plus if you do your shopping there and spend over £50 you save 2p/litre!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I've thought exactly the same as this before! There's one thing for sure. Both momentum and v power feel a lot better than Sainsburys super fuel! ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
My mito QV ran best on tesco 99 momentum. 2nd was shell v-max and then nothing else was close.

95 ron supermarket stuff would be a last resort as I really noticed the difference.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would this warm weather we've been having cause the turbo to go a bit woolly?

Today the Tesco stuff felt slower when i booted it :eek:

Can heat / hotter air intake affect turbo response?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Would this warm weather we've been having cause the turbo to go a bit woolly?

Today the Tesco stuff felt slower when i booted it :eek:

Can heat / hotter air intake affect turbo response?
Cold air is denser and thus more air gets into the mixture. Turbo cars are always perkier in the cold air.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Cold air is denser and thus more air gets into the mixture. Turbo cars are always perkier in the cold air.
When a cars power is heavily reliant on a turbo, for example small CC but high output, hot weather makes a big difference. The mitos small capacity but still relitivly high power comes from the forced induction turbo.

When remapping and adding more power you will have even higher engine bay temps and cooling becomes an issue. Bigger intercooler and even WMI kits need to be added.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When a cars power is heavily reliant on a turbo, for example small CC but high output, hot weather makes a big difference. The mitos small capacity but still relitivly high power comes from the forced induction turbo.

When remapping and adding more power you will have even higher engine bay temps and cooling becomes an issue. Bigger intercooler and even WMI kits need to be added.
Exactly, so cold mornings are best for turbos:thumbs:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts