Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,

i want to connect an amplifier to my 166 and a subwoofer, i found the pin-out but i can't understand what terminal 30 for amplifier means. is it for the amplifier power? 12v?

here is the pin-out. if somebody could help it would be perfect.
1 - Lineout, rear left
2 - Line out, rear right
3 - AF ground
4 - Line out, front left
5 - Line out, front right
6 - Terminal 30 for amplifier

cheers
Bogdan

PS: if it isn't the correct area to post this message please move it. thank you

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do i need an adapter for?

cheers

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so let me understand correctly. i can't use the line out from the ics if i don't have that adapter? i have the connector there and i was thinking of just puting the wires. if i connect them like so, the ics won't unlock my line-out? or what?

cheers & thank you
Bogdan

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it. thanks a lot guys. i'll try it soon :p

cheers
Bogdan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep, the adapter is merely the plug with the correct cables attached. Every car hifi-dealer has it, it's a standard ISO plug to connect external amplifiers. Be aware that this type of plug comes in two types, a new and an old. You want the new one!

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now i found another pin-out for the ics. this one says that pin nr6 is line-out for subwoofer. what do you think? wich is the best one?

cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
Have seen that too, but if it's in line with the ISO plug, it has two line-outs, one front and one rear. And every amp needs a remote signal, so my guess would be that that's what it is :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Connector C1
1 Line-out rear left
2 Line-out rear right
3 Gound line audio
4 Line-out front left
5 Line-out front right
6 Line-out Subwoofer

This pin-outs is what you can use on ICS. If you use some other amplifare than original Alfa 166 DSP, than you'll don't have full control of sound. You can control volume .

Attachments

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will use a blaupunkt amplifier. not the dsp. now my question is. what can i connect to pin nr 6? my subwoofer directly? and second, from where do i get the remote signal for the amplifier?

cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts
All that signals what I get you is signals for your amplifier, so that signals going to your amplifier IN and speakers you should connect to OUT from your amplifier not directly to ICS. You can't control Blaupunkt from ICS. Control signal from ICS can control only original DSP (Harman-Kardon) constructed special for Alfa 166.

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that i understand. but what do i connect to pin nr 6? and from where will i get the remote signal for the amplfier? to power him on and off.

cheers

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
please answer if possible

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts