Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new termostate...and have water pump here... Looks fine perpellor is in tact and not spinning on axil...just wondering could this mean that its the headgasket?? Cause cant seem too find anything else wrong... Any help wud really be appricated thanks

·
Registered
30,071 Posts
Have you bled the system?

A failed head gasket won't cause it to run cold!!

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Check the first speed fan actuator.
I had the same problem when I changed stat on a Spider.
It turned out that the wiring for the first speed fan had been connected wrong.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is happaning while driving outside towns on main road temperture keeps going upto 100 and dwn to 70 and back up again straight away checked onboard computer while driving temperture reading same on computer

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bleed system filling with collant till its filled to max then opened bleed screw in rad hav done this few times with other twinsparks too.. Then I start engine turn on hearter on full wait till engine fan kick in then fill if nessary.. Cud it be d headgasket??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also ran water through all hoses including rad... But if rad is starting to go wud it be able to be bleed right?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alrite so if its not headgasket wondering cud it be the rad.. Maybe not beem bleed rite??

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it is bled properly than I`d say the water pump is going bad. There were cases where the pump impeller would intermittently became loose , related to engine temperature.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hav water pump in my hand... I even thought bout tat coming loose d propellor.. I put propellor in boiling hot water and keeped bearing outside water and tryed turning to see if it wud break away from axil but no it nt turning on it... But hav another waterpump here going to put tat one in instead tomorrow and see if tat makes a difference..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Could it be the low speed fan resistor ? So going straight to high speed fan at 100 instead of low speed at 80 ish. It sits at the top of the rad.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
This is happaning while driving outside towns on main road temperture keeps going upto 100 and dwn to 70 and back up again straight away checked onboard computer while driving temperture reading same on computer
your system is breathing ...you got an air lock

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I put defferent waterpump in the car no defferance...but dont understand hsow it getting airlocked

1 - 20 of 25 Posts