Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - three posts in one day, I am going to have to lie down soon...

Right, does anyone know ( for ten points... ) is there one, or two temp senders on 2.0 ts 155's ... obviously the ecu needs the info, and the highly inaccurate dial in the car needs the info... but it is all run from the one sender in the thermostat housing.. or are they separate ?

I ask because...

my temp gauge reads approx 10 degrees less than (normal), my car runs at 80 degrees apparantly, and the fan comes on at 90 degrees.. surely this cant be right..... I am thinking of changing the sender unit....

avid readers will already know i have put a new thermostat on this week also....

cheers

Andi

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Right, if memory serves, there are two temp sensors, one is air temp on the inlet pipe, there is the water one that you know of on the stat, this one is more likely to cause lumpy running,

your car sounds fairly ok, mine always ran at 80c after changing the stat and at about 92-93 the fan would kick in, the engine will run hotter with the air con switched on, also makes the car feel a bit guttless :rolleyes:

A new water temp sensor is only £10 so maybe worth it to put your mind at rest :)

the V6 engine will run at about 100c as a norm,

Now go have that lie down :D ;)

Jack

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlfaJack said:
Right, if memory serves, there are two temp sensors, one is air temp on the inlet pipe, there is the water one that you know of on the stat, this one is more likely to cause lumpy running,

your car sounds fairly ok, mine always ran at 80c after changing the stat and at about 92-93 the fan would kick in, the engine will run hotter with the air con switched on, also makes the car feel a bit guttless :rolleyes:

A new water temp sensor is only £10 so maybe worth it to put your mind at rest :)

the V6 engine will run at about 100c as a norm,

Now go have that lie down :D ;)

Jack
£10 .. where from... alfa want 22 + vat !!!!!!

well if you think that 80 / 85 is ok then I wont waste my hard earned wonga

... currently led down so feel free to reply LOL

:D :D

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I think it must be a shared part, if your passing and have spare wonga (try bottom of armchair - its my alfa fund) try your local motor factors :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AlfaJack said:
I think it must be a shared part, if your passing and have spare wonga (try bottom of armchair - its my alfa fund) try your local motor factors :D
nice one, fankoo

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the temp senders are shared with most of the fiats my motor factor had one on the shelf. In fact I think it was me that got the one for alfajack.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
JackPJW said:
the temp senders are shared with most of the fiats my motor factor had one on the shelf. In fact I think it was me that got the one for alfajack.
It was you, cheers m80! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI i am trying to find the part no for the sender on the thermostat housing but cant find it on the parts cd [1996 16v 2.0]
anyone have it please?

cheers Graham

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
7738223 I think. But it is shared with a lot of fiats (punto I think) should be able toget one from a motot factors for a few pounds

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mines a '96 N reg 2.0TS 16v and I've come up with part no 7762300.
From Alfa £20, but try you local motor factors.

If you lets us know your chassis no we can be more precise.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi thanks for the replys,i just reordered one from alfashop as the one they sent me was the one in the head.
But i wondered why i could not find it on the parts cd[mines quite old so maybe the later versions have it on???]

Cheers Graham
16v rosso sportpack
43000 miles 1996
WEEKEND TOY :lol:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sender N° for the 16 V. is 7738223 like JackJPW says. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts