Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Better still are the silent calls - where the autodialler makes a connection but doesn't have an agent to pass it to! These really annoy me. Don't start on the pre-recorded message calls.
hehe i worked in telesales and thats no problem with teh dialer its a phone jockey who has given up for the day and has put his phone on mute and will sit there till you hang up lol did it myself every friday :D

and the ones that say ill be back in a minute and clear off for and hour are the best, i can sit there and read the paper or sit on a net forum for an hour while they are away, and as they havent hung up i dont have to take another call :)

it is soul destroying work so i dont give them any hassle but i dont give tehm any leway to get into their pitch either just sorry man not interested good luck on the next call and hang up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a call from a lady asking if I was happy with the service from 'Kwik fit'. When I said no, she said Oh.... Im only calling from a phone centre.. I'll get someone to call back....Someone did ! and asked what was the matter. The exhaust Id had fitted 12 .5 months ago had rusted completly(New MOT ,new exhaust!) and I said the original had lasted 9 years and that was a Ford ! why.... She tried to tell me I'd changed my driving style and this led to faster rusting! and was I happy with the explanation?! When I said no, she said I was wasting her time! .. I pointed out she'd rung me and wasted my time and money ...She hung up.

DON'T USE KWIK FIT!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
get the same myself and generally from mobile phone companies..drives me up the fecking wall...
I get this a lot too, usually right at the end of the day when I'm about to leave work:

*phone rings*
Me: "Hello.... hello...."
*pause*
Salesman (in broken English): "Hello, yes I am calling about your mobile phone cont...."
*click* :p

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
When they ask me ''how are you today sir''

If it's a lady I always put on my best Joey from 'Friends':

''How you doin' ???''

:tut:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
*phone rings*
Me: "Hello.... hello...."
*pause*
Salesman (in broken English): "Hello, yes I am calling about your mobile phone cont...."
*click* :p
When they ask me about my mobile phone contract I just tell them I'm on pay-as-you-go. There usually follows a few seconds of confused silence then an apology :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
If I want a take-away, I phone up for one so why do telephone salesmen think I'm not capable of making my own enquiries if I want a new phone/double glazing/garage door etc?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thought many times about setting up a premium rate phone number and when I get tele sales people calling my buisness and asking to speak to the owner etc just redierct them to my 0891 no and say you can speak to the owner on this number,when they call string them along for as long as possible while I add the dosh, probably illeagal but oh what sweet revenge it would be.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts