Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ..... I'm wondering has anyone encountered this in the past? Having intermittent trouble with a 2010 159ti 1.9 diesel

The car goes into 'limp mode' intermittently, generally when it's from a cold start, the 'check engine' error appears in the dash and then the car goes into limp mode. Turn off engine for 5 mins restart and all is well again?!

Diagnostics reports error P0091 & P0092 (very wide spectrum)

The car is impeccably serviced, I changed the fuel pump system (new genuine parts & filters), installed new battery, fuel quality tested ok, tank is clean & had the injectors removed and sent away for reconditioning (2 of the 4 needed work). After all this the car was fine for a few days and then the same issues returned. Local main dealer in Cork and my own mechanic are at a loss.

Anyone any ideas of what else it could be? It's my wives car and both she and I love it (we're Alfa heads - had loads over the years but never had a diesel alfa) but it's getting a bit dangerous now.

Any help would be hugly helpful
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had this error although on my car the engine would totally die. After 5 mins it would usually restart. I ended up replacing the high pressure regulator. It's fairly easy to do and the part cost about £80. Sadly, the problem was not fixed. I checked all sorts of things and even went as far as having the ecu checked. In the end it mysteriously disappeared. But I then had a variety of electrical issues and erro codes and I've ended up replacing the engine wiring loom. This has totally fixed the problem, on my car the loom had been disconnected at some point in the past and never refitted properly and was able to move and flex which gradually broke multiple wires causing a range of errors over time.
I would look to see if someone can actually test the high pressure fuel regulator. If it's just that then it's fairly straight forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts