Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking around for a 159 and tried a few. One of them was a standard TBi. I loved it. Reminded me a lot of my old 156ts with more power. How i have seen a 2.0 jtd TI 2011 for the right price. It is far away so i dont want to just drive there to find that i dont like the 2.0 tdi. How do they drive compared to the TBi. Are they similar with exception of the obvious diesel vs petrol differences.

The reason i am asking is that i tried a 1.9jtd 2008 and i did not like it at all. The engine was alright but the chassi and steering was just not alfa enough.

Any answer appreciate.

Jocke

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont think there is a huge amount of difference between the 1.9 and the 2.0 in terms of drivability. I moved from driving a petrol to a diesel and found it hard to get used to at first. but i love it now. I have the 2.0 jtdm 170.

Good luck with the search

·
Registered
168 Posts
Note the 136 and 170 bhp variants in the 2.0 Ti. I recently found out mine is a 136 bhp variant, which explains why it's extremely slow.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Note the 136 and 170 bhp variants in the 2.0 Ti. I recently found out mine is a 136 bhp variant, which explains why it's extremely slow.
2.0 engines are the same, in oppose to 1.9jtdm where there are different heads, turbo and probably many other things. easy to unlock extra power/torgue or go even further from 136bhp 2.0

·
Registered
38,707 Posts
2.0 engines are the same, in oppose to 1.9jtdm where there are different heafs, turbo and probably many other things. easy to unlock extra power/torgue or go even further from 136bhp 2.0
The 136 will be the same as in the 140bhp Giulietta. The turbo and inlet manifold is different to the 170.

You can still get it mapped but it will not end up as powerful as a mapped 170.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mechanically there is no difference whatsoever between the engines itself, only difference is found in motormanagement and gearbox type and ratios.

You can simply unleash the same power from yours, even up to 200HP.
However, since the 136 variant is from the 3rd generation (MY2011-), it has to be limited in torque. Only a bit due to the C635 gearbox fitted from that model years. A bit compared to the 2nd generation 170 HP (MY2008-2010) which has the F40, same box as the 5-cylinder btw. Figures tuned would be resp. ~400Nm or ~430Nm, with standard hardware (no modified turbo for instance).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts