Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my local Alfa dealer (Agnelli Fiat D12) to quote me for a timing belt, water pump replacement, and I'm in shock just a bit.
2009 2.4 TI, parts and labour €770 :speechless:

My initial feeling is that that's a nutty price, but I've always owned wee Fords before and they cost half that. Plus I mostly used Indy garages before.
So, is that about right or is my feeling on the money?

I had tried to get a price out of one of the more recommended places (TI Autos) but they were initially on holidays, and the second time no one picked up the phone or answered the email, so I ran away worried.

I'd like to continue with the official stamp collection in my service book with one eye on selling it whenever, but a service is going to cost over a grand by the looks, and that's only if they don't find anything else wrong. :vs_cry:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I got through to TI Autos there, ~€500 all in, its further away and it won't have the same stamp, but there's a few bits to do and I reckon I might actually be able to afford the bill from those boys.

·
Administrator
87,595 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about a stamp in the book on a car well out of warranty, some prospective buyers might even prefer to see a stamp from Ti Autos ;) Good luck with the work & hopefully it won't be too expensive.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ok, I got through to TI Autos there, ~€500 all in, its further away and it won't have the same stamp, but there's a few bits to do and I reckon I might actually be able to afford the bill from those boys.
I wouldn't worry too much about a stamp in the book on a car well out of warranty, some prospective buyers might even prefer to see a stamp from Ti Autos ;) Good luck with the work & hopefully it won't be too expensive.
Totally agree with David on this.... I'm a Ti customer since 2008 & couldn't recommend them enough. Having the Ti Autos service history has been a huge advantage when selling my previous Alfas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts