Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am a peaceful guy, but today I really felt like doing some kicking!

I am out driving about at lunchtime :)cool:) when I come to a very busy crossing and a taxi two lenghts ahead of me comes at a stop right in the middle of the road, just at the exit of the junction, to let off his passenger :confused:

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Promptly a queue of several cars including me, gets stuck behind this m0r0n, with oncoming traffic also stuck. Major gridlock :mad:

So I get on the horn and give it the full 12 arias :D (though I am the only one :eek:)

And what does the guy do when he gets off the taxi? He gives me a finger :eek:

:mad: :rant: :mad:

So, he gets a big Italian finger back and I am off with the Maser and he's the one walking ;) :D

·
Premium Member
76,983 Posts
yeah - he gets what he deserves mate :p

difficult to imagine Tokyo traffic when sat in outskirts of small northern town - must be stressful at times

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is quite pleasant and the stereo's not bad either but I'd rather be listening to the ponies unde the hood ;)

PS: Planning a weekend roadtrip for early December, hopefully I can unleash it then ;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
It's good to see the UK road user manners are spreading worldwide :( :rolleyes:

There are some unbelievably selfish to$$ers on the face of the Earth aren't there !! :mad:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
This has made me do a bit of a 'u' turn and have a re-think regarding location, location. Not too sure exactly why, but here goes.

We have easy access to all forms of public transport. We are very close to the M1, M25, and other major routes of communication, should we sometimes, decide to be a part of the mayhem, rat-race, that most Western driving involves. Although I miss the corner shop, we have virtually every type of supplier of goods, within easy reach, for every type of purchase we may require.:): A marvellous local Doctors surgery too.:):

So no, after much soul searching, and realising that we are pretty much green belt location, with marvellous, and very comprehensive social facilities, why move, stay put?

Anyone want to do a cheap conversion for us, so we can let the garage out to supplement our income?:): Finally, being able to select the times we put rubber on the highway, never really experience much in the way of 'Road Rage'> Happy!:):

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I thought you were an honorary one :confused:

:p

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
That trident badge on his black car is probably enough to get him in. ;)
That's what I thought !! :p

:D

BF: The Yakuza 'Wheel Man' :eek:

:cheeky:

E

·
0 Posts
I see that sort of thing every day in London. I have seen taxi's come across the junction of Tottenham Court road/Oxford street and just stop blocking the traffic to pick someone up or drop them off. And don't get me started on the bendy buses that clog the streets up! :mad:

It costs me £150 a month to travel into work on the train and I am not moving any closer to make it Cheaper, I am close enough but fare enough away, that I am out of most of that crap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts